Thread: Video Page Loading

Default Video Page Loading

Hi!

I have a site with over 3000 videos, my server is intel Quad Core with 8GB RAM, and i have only 1 site powered by vshare on it, but since a month i am facing problem, Site open and load without any problem, Search results, Channels, Tags all pages load within a second but when i click on video then browse shows that its loading and it can take upto a mint till video page load, i have trying override all the files, fresh installation, DNS checkup but problem is not solving. Is this the core problem in Vshare 2.6 cause i read that one of other member who owned about 4000 video has the same problem.

Please Reply

Default Re: Video Page Loading

This is typical problem that can happen if you do not periodically clear our your guest info table in your mySQL database. Everytime someone opens a video, the script goes through that table to calculate how many times a person has viewed videos to see whether or not they are allowed to view the one that they are trying to view. The problem is that for most people who are running free sites, this table gets full rather quickly and with thousands of videos, this search process can take a while to calculate. The simple solution to this is to periodically clear out the guest info table. You can find a script on this forum by searching for it (search.php).
    vShare Solutions
    Custom vShare Modules and Services

Now, your visitors can watch videos on your site using their mobile or tablet device with the Mobility Mod for vShare 2.8!