Thread: Sections

Default Sections

I would like to move/takeout some of the "sections" that is displayed when somebody is watching a video. Where are the various locations for the coding for:
    "WATCH" - I was to remove this one.
    "Vide Details" - want to move it to the right side
    "User Details" - also want to move it to the right side
    "Share Details" - want to move this to the right side also
    "COmments" - want that one right beneath the video
    "Tags" - want to remove this from being displayed.

Thanks in advance for any help anybody can provide......

Default Re: Sections

Ok, I found what I needed to do, but now I just need to know how to change the length of the text box where the URL Link and Embedding code is. Need to shorten it down, how do I do that?

I also need to know where I need to go to remove the "RECENT TAGS" from the main page.....

For the URL Link box, you can do that one of two ways: CSS or standard HTML. If you are not familiar with CSS, I would suggest you use standard HTML. Simply modify your URL's input tag to include the "size=somenumber" where "somenumber" is the length of the text box, in characters. For the embedding code, which direction are you trying to change (vertical or horizontal). You can normally adjust those widths using the "rows=somenumber" and "cols=somenumber"

As for your second question, you can remove the recent tags from your main page by editing the "right.tpl" file in your templates directory.

Yea I found the "recent tags" code to remove.

As far as your explaination, where at in the coding should it be?

oh and just need to shorten horizantally.
    If you go to http://www.monkey-vision.com and watch any of the videos, look at the "Share Details" you can see what I mean about the text box being a bit too long.....

**Edit** gots it, I found it. Thanks for assistance.