Thread: Zend optimizer good or bad?

Default Zend optimizer good or bad?

Vshare is using zend optimizer but i think there is no need of using this. Why?

1. At every PHP file there is a message from the zend and the size of this message is 2KB :shock: .
    As we can see at the index.php the file size is 4.74KB and the half of the size is the zend message.

2. Some PHP programmers can't edit the files and make the site as they really want. e.g i don't want to ad info to the guest info table because there is no need to. But with the zend i can't do that.

3. There is no plugin improvement for vshare because the script is hidden by the the zend.

There are grate advantages that vshare has but there is no need to hide the script.

Let as create better and faster sites with vshare by deleting zend optimizer.

Default Re: Zend optimizer good or bad?

I saw something in another post about version 2.7 being called "Vshare Open Source" ... perhaps you'll get your wish....

We understand the need of source code, we will be releasing vshare 2.7 will full source code.

Quote Originally Posted by admin
    We understand the need of source code, we will be releasing vshare 2.7 will full source code.
    NICE :D :D :D

I see that your signature says Open Source. Does that mean that you will no longer be charging for VShare?

Jereme

Open Source doesn't mean that the product is free. That's a common misconception. An Open Source script that is GPL is free. Just being Open Source means that the product will include the source code so that people like you and me can make changes to the source to more customize the software.
    vShare Solutions
    Custom vShare Modules and Services

Now, your visitors can watch videos on your site using their mobile or tablet device with the Mobility Mod for vShare 2.8!

Quote Originally Posted by bplex
    Open Source doesn't mean that the product is free. That's a common misconception. An Open Source script that is GPL is free. Just being Open Source means that the product will include the source code so that people like you and me can make changes to the source to more customize the software.
    Yes, I understand what Open Source means and what GPL is. I was just curious if VShare was going the route of some of the other scripts out there that are now Free and Open Source.

Jereme

It is not free. You will get source code for modification.

It is not free. You will get source code for modification.
    Awesome! I am so glad to here about this. This will make vshare a much better solution for those who need to make in depth modifications.

Thanks, Jereme