Thread: anyone has problems with hostonnet

Default anyone has problems with hostonnet

My website ran out of bandwith twice in 14 days.. First I was able to get then to give me more bandwith at a cost of cours. Now it ran out again I open a ticket and ask them to give me 500GB more bandwith send Me ans invoice and I will pay. it took 4 hours to respond with the note I posted below. I have not heard anything more from them since even though I responded and as then to give me the bandwith so I can get the site back up and I would looking into the dedecated server.. nothing seem everyone died its been going on 5 hours..
    has anyone ever had this problem with hem

Dear Sir,

We are providing premium bandwidth servers, so it is costly. If you require more that 200 GB monthly transfer , its better to take dedicated server.

http://hostonnet.com/dedicated_server.php

You can reopen this ticket for updates.

Regards,

Annie Steephan
    http://www.hostonnet.com

Default Re: anyone has problems with hostonnet

I have not used them for hosting, but I can tell you that if your site is using a lot of bandwidth, first I would look into getting a host (or server) that does not meter my bandwidth. Second, I would look into ways to better manage the bandwidth. One of the things that I am doing on my site is connection throttling for the playing of the movies. My movies download at a set speed to the person's computer. This way, if they do not watch the full video, the full video is never downloaded to their computer. I'm also doing seeking so that if a person jumps between points in the video, the system stops downloading from where it is at and starts downloading from the new point, thus saving bandwidth.
    vShare Solutions
    Custom vShare Modules and Services

Now, your visitors can watch videos on your site using their mobile or tablet device with the Mobility Mod for vShare 2.8!

I wish I knew how to do that then I would, I installed the software about 2 weeks ago and I have over 700 users already I am running into problems because I keep running out of bandwidth.. I am looking around for a good host I already know I am going to need a dedicated server I started at $30 bucks with hostonnet and am already up to $120, I would really appreciate some pointers on how to do what you did and also to finding a good host

thanks
    www.agentgay.com

I have 335 clips at present on the site but only 95 are serving from hostonnet's server the rest is pulling from my other three sites. Can't really understand whay I am paying so much

Well, you are running into a common problem with video sharing sites that many people don't really understand until they get the bill. I noticed that on your site, you have a video with a runtime of 16 minutes. That video is probably somewhere in the 50MB range. At the time I looked, 324 people had looked at it. Now, considering that most people who watch video sharing sites have broadband connections (we'll use a 3Mb connection average) the entire 50MB video would be downloaded to their computer in about 2 minutes. Now, for most people, they may watch a few minutes of it to see if they like it and, if they don't, they move on. If they do like it, they'll probably watch it to the end. However, considering what most people do when they are watching adult sites, chances are that they won't. So, in 2 minutes time, the entire video which is 50MB is downloaded to their computer. At 324 views, you are transferring 16.2GB just for that one video. With 300+ videos... you see my point.

At $120, you are definitely in the dedicated server price zone. For video sharing sites, I would recommend that you find one that offers you unmetered bandwidth. This way, you are not being charged overages due to bandwidth. A good resource to check is WebHostingTalk.com.
    vShare Solutions
    Custom vShare Modules and Services

Now, your visitors can watch videos on your site using their mobile or tablet device with the Mobility Mod for vShare 2.8!

I will do that thanks and fast before I have to pay another $30 extra for this site
    thanks you

I don't see how ANYONE can run this script efficiently on a shared host.... dedicated server is the only way to go if you really want to have a prosperous site.

Hi,

It was a mistake, i was telling about 2000 GB.

We have given special upgrade, as he use lot of bandwidth.

Thanks,

Annie Steephan
    HostOnNet.com