Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: To no one cares?

Default To no one cares?

To no one cares that the admin never respond, even to the private messages?

To no one cares about having bought a program and not receiving any support?

To no one cares that this program is to make a "community", and this is impossible because half of things do not work?

- The Tags do not work
    - The private messages do not work
    - The script is very slow

And no one offers help.

Vshare is cheap, but taking into account the failures it has, should be free.

I never happen to me putting a product on sale without checking that everything worked properly.

To no one else cares these all?

Due to lack of support, I am seriously thinking of changing script. And this is another headache, because I have over 1000 videos and over 3000 registered users.

3 days ago I wrote a private message to the admin and neither responded.

Default Re: To no one cares?

Try posting a message to the hostonnet support forums. That got a quick response for me one time.

The private messages work, I tested it today. The search is a known issue. What do you mean the tags don't work? Can you be more specific?
    If it's not fun, stop doing it!

Quote Originally Posted by pocholo
    - The Tags do not work
    What version of vshare you use ?

Why you say it not working ? Can you explain more ?

- The private messages do not work
    Chances are your installation is not proper or upgrade messed up.

- The script is very slow
    It can be server. Are you on shared or dedicated ?

Well, after almost a month, I repeat:

- The tags do not work, that is, if I add a tag to a video, this is not added to the list of tags. If the search engine and put a tag search in videos, can not find it, if not find the name of the video.

- You can not send messages to members. Only friends. And the output tray does not work.

I had to wait almost a month to a response from the admin.

As far as I can tell, the tags function works on all my vShare sites. I add tags to the videos and they show up in the tags list (for example, see it in action at http://combatarmsvideos.com at the bottom of the page and then click "see more tags"). No one has reported this as a bug (as far as I know), so I'm not sure why it wouldn't be working right on your site alone. In your admin control panel, how many tags so you have it set to display? Maybe you need to put in a number and/or enable tags on the front page.

Again, the search function is a known issue, reported to be resolved with vShare 2.7 when it comes out (do a forum search for the topic, particularly in the bug reports section).

You can't send message to members, only friends? Odd, again, I am able to send messages to other members who are not on my friends list. I received the email notification of a private message that you sent to me at df2videos.com as well as the message showing up in my inbox at the site.... and you are not on my friends list.

There must be something wrong with your installation of vShare. What version are you using?

I've solved the problem with private messages, but not with the tags.

I use 2.6 version, the last version.

My problem is that I add tags to a video and do not appear in the admin panel.

In the admin I have 140 tags and if I add a video with a new tag, is not added to the list.

Is the tag UNIQUE because it's not going to display the same word 831230210540657035 times.

I have videos with the word "df2" more than once, but yet the tag df2 only appears ONCE in the list.

http://www.df2videos.com/tags.php

The tag needs to be unique. If you have that many words or a lot of words already in the database, it's probably because the tag is not unique. Try using a word not found in the database.

Oh, and something else....tags are refered to as "keywords" in the admin panel. My videos do indeed show the keywords, or "tags" entered by the user for that particular video.

Also...certain common words (such as prepositions) are stripped out... "the", "it" "of", etc. If you want to also have those common words appearing, you'll have to allow them and that's located somewhere in the smarty thingie...I'll see if I can locate the file that controls that. I found it once before.

It's here:

include/classes/tags.php Look for

Code:
    function common_word($tag) {
    		$common_words = array('i', 'me', 'my', 'myself', 'we', 'our', 'ours', 'ourselves', 'you', 'your', 'yours',
    						'yourself', 'yourselves', 'he', 'him', 'his', 'himself', 'she', 'her', 'hers',
    						'herself', 'it', 'its', 'itself', 'they', 'them', 'their', 'theirs', 'themselves',
    						'what', 'which', 'who', 'whom', 'this', 'that', 'these', 'those', 'am', 'is', 'are',
    						'was', 'were', 'be', 'been', 'being', 'have', 'has', 'had', 'having', 'do', 'does',
    						'did', 'doing', 'a', 'an', 'the', 'and', 'but', 'if', 'or', 'because', 'as', 'until',
    						'while', 'of', 'at', 'by', 'for', 'with', 'about', 'against', 'between', 'into',
    						'through', 'during', 'before', 'after', 'above', 'below', 'to', 'from', 'up', 'down',
    						'in', 'out', 'on', 'off', 'over', 'under', 'again', 'further', 'then', 'once', 'here',
    						'there', 'when', 'where', 'why', 'how', 'all', 'any', 'both', 'each', 'few', 'more',
    						'most', 'other', 'some', 'such', 'no', 'nor', 'not', 'only', 'own', 'same', 'so',
    						'than', 'too', 'very');
    and delete any of these words that you want to allow past the stripping process.

If you want to help speed up the script, get rid of all the COMMENTS that appear throughout the open source php files, especially in the include/smarty/libs section and to prevent CPU overload on the sql see this thread: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3955

My problem is that when I put a tag in a video that had not ever used before, not added to the list.

May I try it? What is your site URL and is it "safe for work", not smut, right?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast