Thread: A Few Questions...please answer simple :)

Default A Few Questions...please answer simple :)

How does it work? I buy then download? Or download, then consider buying? Please let me know what the download link is.
    As for hosting...Can you give me 5 different hosting companies per se, so I can see which one offers the most competive rates?
    At 200 GB HD space, for example, how many 5 minute FLV files could be held on the server?
    Thanks!
    Johnny

Default Re: A Few Questions...please answer simple :)

Hello Johnny. You have to purchase the script first before you can download it. Once you purchase it, you will receive an email that contains the download information. As for your hosting question, I would NEVER recommend that anyone who wants to put up a decent video sharing site use hosting. Rather, you should get your own server. Space isn't going to be your biggest problem. Rather, it's going to be bandwidth and most hosting services do not provide enough of it. For many people who have put up sites that have become large on hosting services, they usually end up spending more than what they would have spent if they had get a dedicated server. However, if hosting is what you are looking for, you can search the forums (search.php) for "hosting" and you should get a ton of topics regarding hosting services that others have used. Or, you can get a more comprehensive listing by visiting http://www.webhostingtalk.com. Finally, with regards to your last question, the answer is that it really depends on what the source video is, its quality, and what your conversion settings are set to. With the default settings of vShare, mathematically, a 5 minute video should equate out to 18.31MB in size. Assuming that you are talking about 200GB of space allocated for video (meaning that the full 200GB is available for video), you would be able to theoretically store approximately 11,185 videos.
    vShare Solutions
    Custom vShare Modules and Services

Now, your visitors can watch videos on your site using their mobile or tablet device with the Mobility Mod for vShare 2.8!

Default Re: A Few Questions...please answer simple :)

THANKS! I will investigate. I sincerely appreciate your time and info!
    Johnny