Thread: Upgrade Player

Default Upgrade Player

The FLV player that is on my site is the default player that comes with the script. It looks to be JW FLV Player 3.12, and I would like to upgrade that to JW FLV Player 4.2 (or possibly a different player all together).

My question is how do I actualy upgrade the player. According the site for the player, it would appear that I would only have to upload the player.swf and swfobject.js files to the "player" folder, but that does not seem to work.

So now i need to know how I would accomplish this upgrade or even use a different player. THanks.

Default Re: Upgrade Player

Actually, that's all that you really have to do. When you say that it does not seem to work, can you describe what you mean here (or provide a URL to what isn't working).
    vShare Solutions
    Custom vShare Modules and Services

Now, your visitors can watch videos on your site using their mobile or tablet device with the Mobility Mod for vShare 2.8!

Well after uploading the two files, it was still showing version 3.12 when right clicking on the player window while watching a video.
    But now it is showing the newer version, I guess it just had to wait a few minutes to reflect.....kinda weird one would think that it would start showing the new version of the immediately (since it would be getting the version number from the uploaded files).

DOes the JW FLV Player have a plugin that after a video gets done playing that it will show either recommended or related video you can watch? Kinda like how YouTUbe does?

Quote Originally Posted by erichss
    kinda weird one would think that it would start showing the new version of the immediately (since it would be getting the version number from the uploaded files).
    The reason why this is so is because vShare caches the template files. This cache also caches the player. If you make changes to the player and do not delete the cache from vShare, it takes a few minutes before vShare starts to use the new player.

DOes the JW FLV Player have a plugin that after a video gets done playing that it will show either recommended or related video you can watch? Kinda like how YouTUbe does?
    Currently, there is not a plugin for JW FLV Player to do this.
    vShare Solutions

Now, your visitors can watch videos on your site using their mobile or tablet device with the Mobility Mod for vShare 2.8!

Currently, there is not a plugin for JW FLV Player to do this.[/quote]

Do you happen to know of a player than can do that?

The Agriya player can do that. It isn't free, however.
    vShare Solutions

How much is it and where do I get it from?

Also do you know of any free ones?

Do a Google search for it. The price depends on which version you get. I do not know of any free ones with that capability.
    vShare Solutions

Another thing is that anytime you make a change to your vShare site (or any site for that matter), you'll want to clear your browser cache and then refresh the page by pressing ctrl + f5
    If it's not fun, stop doing it!