Thread: Thumbnail generation wmv9, m4v Support?

Default Thumbnail generation wmv9, m4v Support?

Hi,
    I have seen some of the posts regarding Thumbnail creation issues. We have installed the SW, and it "mostly" works. But there are two issues is have:

1. I cannot get thumbnails for wmv9 files. These are the files which are created using the Microsoft Community Clips screen capture program. I tried with mplayer and ffmpeg. With these to, the program runs, but the thumbnails are white boxes with red X's. The documentation says that wmv9 is "mostly" supported.... perhaps this is the issue.
    When I try the ffmpeg.php, I get the following error:
    Fatal error: Class 'ffmpeg_movie' not found in /var/www/html/vshare/include/classes/class.video_duration.php on line 54.
    Issue 2: When uploading the .m4v files, we get an error saying that m4v files are not supported.

Any ideas what might be wrong? I do beleive that the install had to be massaged thru a bit. Does this sound like an install gone wrong, or a support issue?

Default Re: Thumbnail generation wmv9, m4v Support?

I can't help you with the wmv files created by Microsoft Community Clips (I get the same result - video conversion works fine but no thumbnails). Part of this is likely caused by the fact that wmv files created with this software are only 10 frames a second, whereas decent quality wmvs are normally 29.97 frames per second.

Regarding the mv4 files, I have found that if I rename my .m4v files to .mp4 before uploading (or via FTP if I'm uploading to the import folder), Vshare handles them fine.

Default Re: Thumbnail generation wmv9, m4v Support?

Thanks, changing the .m4v to .mp4 worked great! Crazy... but it worked...
    As to the wmv, I can upload the files fine to the vshare test site, but not to the site we built. And I think that it is just the version 9 wmv from Community Clips, because other wmv files upload just fine on my server. Very frustrating