Thread: FFMPEG / FFMPEG-PHP issues

Default FFMPEG / FFMPEG-PHP issues

Hi,

Can't believe I've re-installed these prerequisites over and over through several server upgrades, and I still can't seem to get everything to compile and install smoothly the first time!

I have ffmpeg installed, and for some reason, getting ffmpeg-php to "see" it has always been a hurdle if I recall correctly.

It apparently compiles properly, but when I go to make/make install, I get a few errors I don't follow, and the thing never installs.

I start with make clean and make distclean to ensure it's a "fresh" install, then run phpize.
    ./configure goes fine, creates config.h, no errors. Then I run make, and gcc chugs along fine until it hits a burp. I'll just display the last bit of gcc chugging, but there was a lot more that went well...

Code:
    gcc -I. -I/usr/local/src/ffmpeg-php-0.5.1 -DPHP_ATOM_INC -I/usr/local/src/ffmpeg-php-0.5.1/include -I/usr/local/src/ffmpeg-php-0.5.1/main -I/usr/local/src/ffmpeg-php-0.5.1 -I/usr/local/include/php -I/usr/local/include/php/main -I/usr/local/include/php/TSRM -I/usr/local/include/php/Zend -I/usr/local/include/php/ext -I/usr/local/include/php/ext/date/lib -I/usr/local/include/ffmpeg -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -g -O2 -Wall -fno-strict-aliasing -c /usr/local/src/ffmpeg-php-0.5.1/ffmpeg_frame.c  -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/ffmpeg_frame.o
    /usr/local/src/ffmpeg-php-0.5.1/ffmpeg_frame.c: In function '_php_convert_frame':
    /usr/local/src/ffmpeg-php-0.5.1/ffmpeg_frame.c:197: warning: implicit declaration of function 'img_convert'
    /usr/local/src/ffmpeg-php-0.5.1/ffmpeg_frame.c: In function '_php_crop_frame':
    /usr/local/src/ffmpeg-php-0.5.1/ffmpeg_frame.c:250: warning: implicit declaration of function 'img_copy'
    /usr/local/src/ffmpeg-php-0.5.1/ffmpeg_frame.c: In function '_php_resample_frame':
    /usr/local/src/ffmpeg-php-0.5.1/ffmpeg_frame.c:272: error: 'ImgReSampleContext' undeclared (first use in this function)
    /usr/local/src/ffmpeg-php-0.5.1/ffmpeg_frame.c:272: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
    /usr/local/src/ffmpeg-php-0.5.1/ffmpeg_frame.c:272: error: for each function it appears in.)
    /usr/local/src/ffmpeg-php-0.5.1/ffmpeg_frame.c:272: error: 'img_resample_ctx' undeclared (first use in this function)
    /usr/local/src/ffmpeg-php-0.5.1/ffmpeg_frame.c:298: warning: implicit declaration of function 'img_resample_full_init'
    /usr/local/src/ffmpeg-php-0.5.1/ffmpeg_frame.c:311: warning: implicit declaration of function 'img_resample'
    /usr/local/src/ffmpeg-php-0.5.1/ffmpeg_frame.c:316: warning: implicit declaration of function 'img_resample_close'
    make: *** [ffmpeg_frame.lo] Error 1

Then make install produces a little bit of chugging, then ends with this:

Code:
    /usr/local/src/ffmpeg-php-0.5.1/ffmpeg_frame.c:197: warning: implicit declaration of function 'img_convert'
    /usr/local/src/ffmpeg-php-0.5.1/ffmpeg_frame.c: In function '_php_crop_frame':
    /usr/local/src/ffmpeg-php-0.5.1/ffmpeg_frame.c:250: warning: implicit declaration of function 'img_copy'
    /usr/local/src/ffmpeg-php-0.5.1/ffmpeg_frame.c: In function '_php_resample_frame':
    /usr/local/src/ffmpeg-php-0.5.1/ffmpeg_frame.c:272: error: 'ImgReSampleContext' undeclared (first use in this function)
    /usr/local/src/ffmpeg-php-0.5.1/ffmpeg_frame.c:272: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
    /usr/local/src/ffmpeg-php-0.5.1/ffmpeg_frame.c:272: error: for each function it appears in.)
    /usr/local/src/ffmpeg-php-0.5.1/ffmpeg_frame.c:272: error: 'img_resample_ctx' undeclared (first use in this function)
    /usr/local/src/ffmpeg-php-0.5.1/ffmpeg_frame.c:298: warning: implicit declaration of function 'img_resample_full_init'
    /usr/local/src/ffmpeg-php-0.5.1/ffmpeg_frame.c:311: warning: implicit declaration of function 'img_resample'
    /usr/local/src/ffmpeg-php-0.5.1/ffmpeg_frame.c:316: warning: implicit declaration of function 'img_resample_close'
    make: *** [ffmpeg_frame.lo] Error 1
    And no ffmpeg.so is produced anywhere.

I've tried the install with ffmpeg-php-0.5.0 with the same results.

Here's my ffmpeg output showing the switches I used during it's config - note that I did enable "shared" as I did on all my libraries:

Code:
    root@brainchild [/usr/local/src/ffmpeg-php-0.5.1]# ffmpeg
    FFmpeg version SVN-r15905, Copyright (c) 2000-2008 Fabrice Bellard, et al.
      configuration: --enable-shared --enable-libxvid --enable-libvorbis --enable-libmp3lame --enable-gpl --enable-libfaac --enable-libfaad
      libavutil     49.12. 0 / 49.12. 0
      libavcodec    52. 3. 0 / 52. 3. 0
      libavformat   52.23. 1 / 52.23. 1
      libavdevice   52. 1. 0 / 52. 1. 0
      built on Dec  7 2008 15:56:13, gcc: 4.1.2 20071124 (Red Hat 4.1.2-42)
    At least one output file must be specified
    root@brainchild [/usr/local/src/ffmpeg-php-0.5.1]#
    Everything else installed without a hitch in under a half hour... this one's been making scratch my head for days. Anyone know what I'm missing?

Default Re: FFMPEG / FFMPEG-PHP issues

Ya know, there was one other issue with this install, with libogg.... I tried to configure ffmpeg with --enable-libogg and it wouldn't accept it as a valid switch for that command. Has something changed there? No problems with lib vorbis.

of course I guess currently there's nothing on vshare that utilizes those libraries but I have other sites that use them and would like to include them in the servers.

You'll need to use ffmpeg-php 0.6.0 with the later versions of ffmpeg.

As for your build command for ffmpeg, the reason why the libogg doesn't work is because it is included with libvorbis now(which is why it gives you an error). You can leave it out.
    vShare Solutions
    Custom vShare Modules and Services

Now, your visitors can watch videos on your site using their mobile or tablet device with the Mobility Mod for vShare 2.8!

Didn't even realize there was a newer version - guess I better update my notes! Thanks, Bplex, we'll see what that does.

Yah, figured that libvorbis might have the entire libogg now.

You know there's so many sites running this software, you'd think they'd put all this in the yum repository.

Thanks again bplex....

Following the documentation to do the installation (of ffmpeg) will always have you installing the latest version as you are installing from a subversion repository. Most of the software available here is in the DAG Yum repository with the exception of ffmpeg-php. However, the files in the DAG are a bit older.
    vShare Solutions

Now, your visitors can watch videos on your site using their mobile or tablet device with the Mobility Mod for vShare 2.8!

AWESOME, thank you Bplex, all is well now. I always forget to add the "extension=ffmpeg.so" to the end of my php.ini (I don't think that's there in the tutorial in the wiki) and when I do remember, I often put the full path, which is the wrong thing to do.

Really appreciate the time you put into helping resolve these issues.

You're welcome.
    vShare Solutions