Thread: How many FLV. 5min clip in 5GB

Default How many FLV. 5min clip in 5GB

Hi there

i would like to buy VShare and u host it with hostonenet.com
    my Q? is how many 5 mins FLV. clip can hold in 5 GB disk space
    Sec. Q? if i host with u can u offer me script installation for FREE :)

Default Re: How many FLV. 5min clip in 5GB

The second question should be sent to Hostonnet and not here as this is a support forum for the software. With regards to your first question, it really all depends. If you use the default settings that come in vShare, a 5 minute clip should average out to about 18.31MB. At 18.31MB, you should be able to get approximately 279 videos into 5GB of space.
    vShare Solutions
    Custom vShare Modules and Services

Now, your visitors can watch videos on your site using their mobile or tablet device with the Mobility Mod for vShare 2.8!

i can get you more space than 5 gigs for 10 a month 100GB if you or worry abote space
    and i can install it for free

You can have approx 335 videos with 352X240 Res video, you need to configure your video encoder to use low bit rate if you want to increase the number of videos. but it will effect the quality of your videos. Vshare uses its default 500 Kbps bit rate for video encoding with approx 64 kbps audio encoding. if your videos are small in size then your users can download them easily.

you can use 320 or 380 instead of 500 in include/setting/video_conversion.php

Mostly persons or admins face problems in Vsahre video encoding system because of the ffmpeg , mencoder, mplayer, flvtool2 configurations. these configurations are very simple if you are hosting your videos on Windows based servers using apache win32 editions

witin 5 minutes your vshare website is online its a bet.

for any configuration related to Vshare on windows you can contact me.

Birender Singh Budhwar

Quote Originally Posted by birendersinghbudhwar
    these configurations are very simple if you are hosting your videos on Windows based servers using apache win32 editions
    vShare is not supported on Windows (documentation states that you need a Linux-based system). Furthermore, running vShare on Windows would never be a recommendation (from me at least) as Windows is not optimized for high load (which will come as your vShare site gets more traffic). While things may be faster to setup in Windows (or easier to administrate), you are only going to have a ton of problems in the long run.
    vShare Solutions

Now, your visitors can watch videos on your site using their mobile or tablet device with the Mobility Mod for vShare 2.8!

its simple in linux and faster it can be done in a min just pm me and i can set it up for you

Quote Originally Posted by bplex
    Quote Originally Posted by birendersinghbudhwar
    these configurations are very simple if you are hosting your videos on Windows based servers using apache win32 editions
    vShare is not supported on Windows (documentation states that you need a Linux-based system). Furthermore, running vShare on Windows would never be a recommendation (from me at least) as Windows is not optimized for high load (which will come as your vShare site gets more traffic). While things may be faster to setup in Windows (or easier to administrate), you are only going to have a ton of problems in the long run.
    Its a very simple, as you have mention that it is only for linux based system..., but as you can use windows based system not server edition even it can done with WinXP also. i am having 8 years of experience with memory utilization in windows kernel for easy windows hosting you can use dual server port, example your website is running on default port 80 ok ,now a person is uploading his/her video then he/she will be diverted to other port so that the back end server take the Perl and php_cgi load and your front end will be always free from heavy load of uploading and video encodings. this gives and non stop video hosting solutions even youtube use this technology but they use port hiding on their DNS so you never see any port in address like xyz.com:8525 etc...

Windows can host vshare but optimization is required.

No one said that you couldn't use Windows. Rather, I stated that vShare was not made for Windows. Using Windows will result in problems. Furthermore, I do not have any issues with my site running while people are uploading or conversions are going on.

Lastly, your comment about dual ports makes no sense whatsoever. That is not how sites like YouTube operate. It is true that they use different ports, but that has nothing to do with load. Rather, it has to do with the application that they use to convert the videos. It runs on a port other than 80. YouTube employs a ton of servers that operate it. They have dedicated servers for converting, dedicated servers for presentation, and SANs for storage. They are far more complex than anything that vShare could do.
    vShare Solutions