Quote Originally Posted by bplex View Post
Yeah, that is one of the biggest things that I have found. To be honest, I think that the script is too cheap. Outside of a couple of open source scripts that I know of which are free, vShare is by far the cheapest on the map. Because of this, however, it creates a market saturation in which people are putting up generic plain jane sites. When people do come up with things that are awesome (designs, features, etc) and want to sell it, people balk at the pricing. What many people do not understand is that most of vShare's developers are in India and, thus, $10 is a great deal more to them. In the US, I pay more than that for lunch sometimes. Ten dollars just isn't a big deal. However, for someone like myself who codes things, that takes a lot of time out to do. When I give out rates based on my time, people go "but the script is only $10." I have to constantly remind people that you are getting the equivalent of a $200 for $10. Thus, a $100 add-on is inline with the value of what you are paying for. Some people just don't get that, however.
Not only that, coding and design work takes knowledge. It's like telling a doctor that you don't want to pay his asking price for services even though he's had to go through many years of schooling and put in a LOT of money to gain that knowledge AND experience.