Thread: Features

Default Features

In this topic I would like to add some features that would be great :)

I would like to have the feature to share Add revenues, so that X % of views will show the adsense-ID from the uploader in the adsense-code. This encourages people to upload new videos.

The option (for the admin) to upload a image (or perhaps short movie fragment) that will be shown after each video (= more advertisement for the site, next to the logo in the corner)

The option to add moderators (and give them rights what they can and can not do).

Thanks in advance :-)

wdekreij, thanks for the suggestions, we will try to add these features.

The option to edit polls (to change dates or so). Right now the only option is deleting.

Make the video clickable to the direct permalink, when someone clicks outside the "play" button (on the movie), just like YouTube does.

When the movie is finished, perhaps 2 or 3 related videos, clickable to our site with a direct link?

The option to send a personal message to someone (or everyone) from the admin menu, just like emailing.. Because not every message is important enough to e-mail them.

Default Re: Features

Quote Originally Posted by wdekreij
    In this topic I would like to add some features that would be great :)

The option to add moderators (and give them rights what they can and can not do).

Thanks in advance :-)

Now I would appreciate having this.

I'd like to just have separate logins for different mods.

Default Re: Features

I believe that some of these features have already been added, or are available in one shape or other from Galnet. However methinks the feature at the top of the list deserve some attention.

I for one would definitely like to see #1 implemented in such a way that the user is able to add his Adsense ID to his profile and in so doing, he is able to share in the revenue generated by clicks from his video pages. Admin should be given an option in the settings menu to select the % of revenue sharing offered to users - Then basically the script rotates the Adsense ads based on that % of page views. There is a Wordpress plugin that does this, not sure how useful that is for vshare, but you can check it out at http://www.kinkydress.com/php-scripts/author-adsense/. This plugin allows the admin to add his publisher ID; set the % of rotation and also the level of membership which a user must have in order to be able to share in the revenues (great incentive if you want people to upgrade to paid membership :D ). Depending on the niche you're in, Adsense can be a nice little revenue generator, but the average user will probably need to get a lot of page views if it's going to pay off - but it's a good feature to be able to offer members I think.

i don't think this script is compatible with the Yahoo publisher network, or other contextual (keyword-based) ad networks, but it would be nice if the vshare version had an additional field in the admin menu which would allow for the use of virtually any program. For example:

If the script were going to show Google ads, then vshare would present the basic ad code anywhere in the site where the template had a token placed eg. like:
    google_ad_client = "{user-Publisher-ID-OR-Affiliate-ID}{elseif=Admin-Publisher-ID}"; (if member who uploaded the video doesn't have a Google ID, then Admin gets the $$)
    google_ad_width = 336;
    google_ad_height = 280;
    google_ad_format = "336x280_as";
    google_ad_type = "text";
    google_ad_channel ="";
    google_color_border = "FFFFFF";
    google_color_bg = "FFFFFF";
    google_color_link = "0000FF";
    google_color_url = "cccccc";
    google_color_text = "000001"; (with the embed code around it of course)

It would then extract the user's/admin's Google publisher ID from the database and add it in the space provided in the code above.

Now if the admin preferred to use a different advertiser network for example, Yahoo, then the basic code should be configurable within the admin menu to enable virtually any advertising network (simply paste the advertising network code into a form along with the {Tag-which-calls-the-publisherID} into the code) - Admin could then decide which programs to promote and let members know where to sign up to get an ID and start sharing in the profits :D

Can you say "Membership stampede"? :lol: