Thread: Need a little help please

Default Need a little help please

How can I put links in the description of the videos I upload to my site? I have tried just using the link, I have tried to <a href> my links but the description box on the upload doesnt seem to read html, do I have to enable this or what do I do to get my link to work? Here is an example of what I want to do.

http://www.somewebsite.com - My description would go here.

Default Re: Need a little help please

This cannot be done without a custom module. Come to think of it, this would not be a good feature as it could lead to SPAM or malware injections.
    vShare Solutions
    Custom vShare Modules and Services

Now, your visitors can watch videos on your site using their mobile or tablet device with the Mobility Mod for vShare 2.8!

I thought I read that this was a feature that will be released in 2.7.... was I wrong?

Yes, it is a feature that is supposed to be released in 2.7. It's also a feature I plan to remove in mine as it creates a huge security hole in the software.
    vShare Solutions
    Custom vShare Modules and Services

Now, your visitors can watch videos on your site using their mobile or tablet device with the Mobility Mod for vShare 2.8!

So if you were marketing links from your videos how would you do it? Usually each link is for a different program, how would you send traffic to the pages that actually made you money if you cannot put a link in the description?

There could be a feature that allowed BBCode or somehow only give admin permission to use HTML in description.

Vshare needs some integrated advertising options rather than just plain banners on the site. Perhaps allowing us to make the videos itself clickable.

D