Thread: We are still waiting for v2.7!

Default We are still waiting for v2.7!

Hello,

We are still waiting for v2.7 when it will get released.

When will it get released?

Default Re: We are still waiting for v2.7!

If all bugs are fixed.

Or do you want a buggy vshare site? I don´t think so. Time will come...

Quote Originally Posted by nitramf
    If all bugs are fixed.

Or do you want a buggy vshare site? I don´t think so. Time will come...
    i agree but we all been waiting for 2.7. the hype is insane lol

I will keep the current version
    My script to customized
    For me to upgrade i will need a change log and from the looks of it i doubt i will get it since none of the other version had this

Well, from what I have been told, the entire script is different. Due to various reasons (too many to name), the 2.7 code had to be mostly written from scratch. It has a lot of the same look, feel, and features as 2.6, but the core itself is different. This is both a good and bad thing. Most of the bad is that this means that a lot of validation has to be made to the new core code (errors, bugs, security, etc). Another bad thing is that the template design and template layout has gone from HTML 4.01 Transitional (with errors) to XHTML 1.0 Transitional. Now, on the surface, this is a good thing because that means that your vShare sites will be more compatible with the newer browsers (especially Internet Explorer 8). However, the bad is that this means that for most people, your templates will not be very compatible with vShare and will require you to update the HTML to XHTML. Essentially, what this means is that if you take your vShare site seriously, you will not be able to just drop in the 2.7 code. Rather, you will have to build a development site, get all of your templates up to par, then merge the dev site into your prod site. For a site like mine, etc, I have estimated that it would take 30 days to transition to the new code properly. Lastly, another bad thing is that people who have modded their vShare installations to be able to support new features may end up having to redo all of the mods if the code base isn't similar to 2.6.

On the flip side of things, the best thing about 2.7 is the fact that the code isn't encrypted. This is going to allow for much richer modifications and for better performance as the code can be tweaked to the user's liking.
    vShare Solutions
    Custom vShare Modules and Services

Now, your visitors can watch videos on your site using their mobile or tablet device with the Mobility Mod for vShare 2.8!

Quote Originally Posted by bplex
    Well, from what I have been told, the entire script is different. Due to various reasons (too many to name), the 2.7 code had to be mostly written from scratch. It has a lot of the same look, feel, and features as 2.6, but the core itself is different. This is both a good and bad thing. Most of the bad is that this means that a lot of validation has to be made to the new core code (errors, bugs, security, etc). Another bad thing is that the template design and template layout has gone from HTML 4.01 Transitional (with errors) to XHTML 1.0 Transitional. Now, on the surface, this is a good thing because that means that your vShare sites will be more compatible with the newer browsers (especially Internet Explorer 8). However, the bad is that this means that for most people, your templates will not be very compatible with vShare and will require you to update the HTML to XHTML. Essentially, what this means is that if you take your vShare site seriously, you will not be able to just drop in the 2.7 code. Rather, you will have to build a development site, get all of your templates up to par, then merge the dev site into your prod site. For a site like mine, etc, I have estimated that it would take 30 days to transition to the new code properly. Lastly, another bad thing is that people who have modded their vShare installations to be able to support new features may end up having to redo all of the mods if the code base isn't similar to 2.6.

On the flip side of things, the best thing about 2.7 is the fact that the code isn't encrypted. This is going to allow for much richer modifications and for better performance as the code can be tweaked to the user's liking.
    Thanks for the info. Your like a vshare genie :roll:

If it is really full source we can now have a mod forum like phpbb