Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: converting problem

Quote Originally Posted by dougl
    Hi. I'm the technical support technician at HagenHosting.com. I'm trying to help feher with his software.

As he mentioned, FFMPEG-PHP has been installed as a shared module. That means that the following code must appear in the application to load the module.

Code:
    $extension = "ffmpeg";
    $extension_soname = $extension . "." . PHP_SHLIB_SUFFIX;
    $extension_fullname = PHP_EXTENSION_DIR . "/" . $extension_soname;

// load extension
    if(!extension_loaded($extension)) {
    	dl($extension_soname) or die("Can't load extension $extension_fullname\n");
    }
    If your software doesn't already support shared modules, which I would think would be a popular feature, is this something you can add?

I've just added the above code to the following page so that you can see that it does work:

http://www.medialeek.com/phpinfo.php

-dougl

where should i put this code!!!

You can try putting the code in config.php

To be very brutally honest unless you are only going to upload a few videos between friends and dont plan on being the next youtube shared hosting is ok. But it uses alot of resourses to convert video's, i remember my host on a shared server disabled part of a script i had for thumbnails because it constantly used to much memory and cpu. So be careful.

Quote Originally Posted by zeffer
    To be very brutally honest unless you are only going to upload a few videos between friends and dont plan on being the next youtube shared hosting is ok. But it uses alot of resourses to convert video's, i remember my host on a shared server disabled part of a script i had for thumbnails because it constantly used to much memory and cpu. So be careful.
    idont think iwill have problem because i got 300gb disk and 3000gb bandwidth

But how many people is the cpu and ram spread between? Did i read you were on shared hosting?

But how many people is the cpu and ram spread between? Did i read you were on shared hosting?
    well i didnt find another host with similar space, do u know one.

Im not being a bastard, just trying to keep some realism, once a shared server starts gettn alot of traffic its very hard to convert to flv format, i know cos ive just upgraded for the 3rd time in 3 months.

Im not being a bastard, just trying to keep some realism, once a shared server starts gettn alot of traffic its very hard to convert to flv format, i know cos ive just upgraded for the 3rd time in 3 months.
    iam not acusing you to be "", iam learning from you. i just wondered if you another host which can provide such space and bandwidth,or do u know which host does youtube has
    thank you

I do but my host doesnt include the requirements (and is bloody rediculous if you want them to install it lol). The dedicated servers through them are also dearer than you will find elsewhere, but they have the best 24/7 always online support. I am with hostgator on a 100mb pipeline with 2500gb to use a month. But they are Costly.

I do but my host doesnt include the requirements (and is bloody rediculous if you want them to install it lol). The dedicated servers through them are also dearer than you will find elsewhere, but they have the best 24/7 always online support. I am with hostgator on a 100mb pipeline with 2500gb to use a month. But they are Costly.
    they r indeed expensive, iwill try mine, and i will post back if they r good or not, because their support r very good.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12