Thread: Change how views are counted

Default Change how views are counted

I am basically going to be paying for views on my videos so I want the way views are counted to be a little different.

I want it to use two methods;

number one unique IP address
    number two, the member must watch the entire video for it to count as a view.

once these two things are satisfied, then it counts as one view.

is this possible?? i will pay for this.

You need both of these numbers displayed at same time ? If yes, in admin or for public ?
    vShare Hosting, vShare Installation, Server Setup, Lighttpd streaming, vShare Templates
    [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by hostonnet View Post
    You need both of these numbers displayed at same time ? If yes, in admin or for public ?
    I only want the new view count displayed, to both public and admin.

The IP addresses I suppose should be stored in the SQL
    Last edited by chronicelite; 07-13-2009 at 07:19 PM.

We can store IP address of visitors who viewed a video to a table, compare it to see if video view is unique. We will need to reset this table after some time or table become too big and cause server load.

We can do it for $20, if interested, mail me at [email protected]
    vShare Hosting, vShare Installation, Server Setup, Lighttpd streaming, vShare Templates
    [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by hostonnet View Post
    We can store IP address of visitors who viewed a video to a table, compare it to see if video view is unique. We will need to reset this table after some time or table become too big and cause server load.

We can do it for $20, if interested, mail me at [email protected]
    Would you also be able so the user would have had to viewed the video, like at least watched the end of it? This would cut down on people using proxy clickers to abuse the payout system, rather than just reloading pages with unique proxies. Get what I'm saying?