Thread: Bulk Import is Server Intensive

Question Bulk Import is Server Intensive

Dear Admin

The bulk import is really a very helpful feature for the video sharing site when admin of the site can import videos from youtube to populate your own site with content.

The problem is that is very server intensive and webmasters who have shared hosting, their server providers get annoyed because of the excessive use of resources.

What should be the best cron job frequency to avoid excessive server load? I know you may say, try different frequencies but the question is which should be the best even to start with. I don't want to get the hosting suspended for over utilizing the resources. (which happened to me and I had to pay extra money to resolve the problem).

I have heard that there are certain commands in the text of cron job which can be better to utilize less resources.

Please help with whatever you can!

Very very grateful for any solution suggested by anyone.

Thanks

Your hosting provider may be expecting you to use very few resources. If provider is overselling, they offer you more that what you pay for, but they can't afford to provide you want they are offering.

We have some large sites, some use cronjob a lot more than actual usage of vshare. But we don't had much problem with these usage. May be your host have strict resource restriction policy.
    vShare Hosting, vShare Installation, Server Setup, Lighttpd streaming, vShare Templates
    [email protected]

Smile Bulk Import is Server Intensive

Yeah Admin I agree, these server providers are very cheeky and some times very difficult to deal with. Their greed is never ebding !

Thanks for the well timed response anyway.