Thread: Simple Installation Question

Default Simple Installation Question

I have the vShare 2.7 script. I uploaded all the files on my server, when i run the installer and reach the page where i have to enter the site url, site path, ffmpeg binary, mencoder binary, mplayer binary, flvtool binary and database details. i enter the database and site info correctly. but what am i supposed to enter in the other fields for the ffmpeg binary, do i have to enter usr/bin/ffmpeg (and so on for the remaining fields)?i do that but everytime i get an error dat ffmpeg not found (same for the remaining fields). i have my hosting with BT, they said they support all the requirements. am i entering something wronge or is ther something wronge with my script?
    best regards

Check your phpinfo.

If ffmpeg properly installed you can see in your phpinfo

Read more at

http://forums.buyscripts.in/frequent...lem.html#p1525

well the phpinfo file doesnt have ffmpeg or any of the other video details.
    phpinfo()
    and my config.php file in the include folder is completely empty, does anything need to be in there?
    and the same question i asked in my last post, what am i supposed to enter in the ffmpeg, mencoder, mplayer an flvtools fields while installation?
    will appreciate any help

Well, it looks as though you haven't completed the installation (which is why your config.php file is empty). As for what you need to enter, your host should provide you with that information (basically, you are telling vShare where you host has installed those files). What is your website address? Also, who is your web host?
    vShare Solutions
    Custom vShare Modules and Services

Now, your visitors can watch videos on your site using their mobile or tablet device with the Mobility Mod for vShare 2.8!

yes, that is the whole problem, i cant proceede installation forward until i know what to enter in there. the website address is www. cmehireme .co.uk. and BT is my hosting service BT: broadband, TV, phone, home & business. and the vShare script is 2.7. my client contacted them before he took the service and spoke to a technical staff member, and he said they provide all the services required. i have never done anything related to video sharing websites before, thats why having problems figuring them out. anyhow. thank u for the prompt reply.

I just looked at the BT website. First, their hosting packages do not mention that they support ffmpeg, mencoder, mplayer, flvtool2, etc. Second, it looks as though they are running their sites on a Microsoft Server platform as opposed to Linux. vShare requires a Linux server to run. Third, I get an access forbidden when I visit your site's URL. Is that where you have uploaded your files?
    vShare Solutions
    Custom vShare Modules and Services

Now, your visitors can watch videos on your site using their mobile or tablet device with the Mobility Mod for vShare 2.8!