Thread: Can we expose the Original Movie to our visitor ?

Default Can we expose the Original Movie to our visitor ?

Hello , I'm very interested by your script vShare and would like to know if I can using global variables and smarties.templates create a link like :

To download the Original HighRes movie, please click HERE.

What I want is other words, is to allow my visitors to downloas original (and usually high quality) version of the movie instead of just playing the FLV file.

Does this seems possible ? Is there a naming convention of uploaded files that might allows this ? Or better, is there a global variable that contains the fullpathname of the original movie of a FLV one ?

Thank you for any serisous and precise answer.

Carl.

Yes you could make an extra page up if you wanted. Or even in the view_video.tpl add a link to get the original video. To go about it you could just mimic other settings in the video.tpl

Im thinking of making this a package type thing when the package issues are confirmed to be sorted out.

Default Re: Can we expose the Original Movie to our visitor ?

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur9999
    Is there a naming convention of uploaded files that might allows this ? Or better, is there a global variable that contains the fullpathname of the original movie of a FLV one ?
    Current version do not allow this, but it is easy to add this. We will be adding the feature on next release. But if you need, you can PM me, i can provde the changed files before next release.

Default Re: Can we expose the Original Movie to our visitor ?

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur9999
    Hello , I'm very interested by your script vShare and would like to know if I can using global variables and smarties.templates create a link like :

To download the Original HighRes movie, please click HERE.

What I want is other words, is to allow my visitors to downloas original (and usually high quality) version of the movie instead of just playing the FLV file
    That's a GREAT idea.

Think it would be cool to make that a MEMBERS BENEFIT... like have a protected members area that you're allowed to download the original movie. Link it into some kind of pay pal subscription?

Of course, you'd have to change the numbering system, like use hex instead of binary numbering which would at least throw a few people off the trail :)

So that'll be released tomorrow, right ? :lol:

Atm the admin hasnt said how to you can pm as he says, but im thinking hex value may be a good idea for number system. Anyone have a better idea? Its Sort of restricted by how atm it has to number the orig file the same as the converted .flv tho.