Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Url links broken! Well heres a new one.

Default Url links broken! Well heres a new one.

Everytime I email links to users like http:www.mysite.com/recent the code chops the link down to ../recent/ :confused: Any Ideas why this is. I am hoping its something simple please help.

Somebody please help me! lol

Open a support ticket at

BuyScripts Helpdesk
    vShare Hosting, vShare Installation, Server Setup, Lighttpd streaming, vShare Templates
    [email protected]

ok forgot about that.

Little trick! Until the bug is solved you can add links without the www.
    For example yourdomain.com and NOT www.yourdomain.com.
    It works..

Support is suppose to be getting back to me. But yeah I found out that the link itself it not being broken but when you put it in <a href . I have a newsletter with latest tags in it so its like tag names for example "recent"!
    If I send http://mysite.com/recent/ or with www. it works. I am about to just take a snap of of the dam things and just link them to the tags page!

I think the problem is somewhere in /js/tiny_mce/plugins/advlink/link.htm
    But I am no programmer I just copy and paste codes and stuff lol.

Nobody got back to me yet so I guess they dont have time or its not important enough or no one cares:( I hope it can be fix because it definitely is a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by cybra View Post
    I am about to just take a snap of of the dam things and just link them to the tags page!

Well scratch that idea. I thought I could link from the images hosted from another server but NOT!! At first the problem was my images weren't showing up in the emails, so I hosted them on another server and they worked, but the whole time I didn't realize the links wasn't working. Dont anybody email users or am I the only v share user thats having this problem jeesh!:confused:

Quote Originally Posted by cybra View Post
    Well scratch that idea. I thought I could link from the images hosted from another server but NOT!! At first the problem was my images weren't showing up in the emails, so I hosted them on another server and they worked, but the whole time I didn't realize the links wasn't working. Dont anybody email users or am I the only v share user thats having this problem jeesh!:confused:
    Well I forgot about the wysiwyg editor needing to be disable for email template:rolleyes: so the images can be linked if they are hosted somewhere else! I still wish the bug can be fixed so I can link from the tags though and not have to use screen captures. Anyway I can make this work for now! Thanks for nothin! jk :):)

Problem solved!:) yummy
    Or dummy rather. All I know is this didn't work before. But email template wysiwyg editor should be disabled and paste in the source code! Before I swear when I did that the source code showed up in the email. I haven't heard from support any more so I don't know if they fixed it or not but that's what worked.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast