Thread: Sorting Videos in Channels

Cool Sorting Videos in Channels

Hello all,
    My site includes several videos that are ether to large to upload as a single file or we simple chose to keep them separate. i.e. (1 of 15, 2 of 15 etc.)

I have found that if the videos are not uploaded in the proper sequence, (which they rarely are) then when viewing them in their assigned channel, they are all out of order. ie; Part 3, Part 4, P1, P5, P2 instead of P1, P2, P3, P4, P5 you get the picture.

Is there anyway to sort these videos on a channel-by-channel basses, or is there any way to sort videos at all.
    I see that we are allowed to sort "channels" we need a way to also sort the videos within the channel.

Thanks for looking
    Bill

I don't think sorting like this is possible. You can enable html links in admin area, then add link to next video in description.
    vShare Hosting, vShare Installation, Server Setup, Lighttpd streaming, vShare Templates
    [email protected]

Hummm, I hear what you are saying about adding the link.

Do you know if VShare has considered adding a video sort option. I mean they do it for the channels page and that works great, why not sort the videos in the channel page to. That would pretty much complete this system for me.

By the way their customer support is the bomb.

Sorting video per channel, do you know any video site having this feature ?
    vShare Hosting, vShare Installation, Server Setup, Lighttpd streaming, vShare Templates
    [email protected]

To be honest with you I have never had any reason to look at any other Video Site Software, so I wouldn't know.