Thread: Funny character appears after changing language

Default Funny character appears after changing language

I have change everything in the include/config.php and languages in the template file. Every other pages seems fine except the funny symbols (circle in red) that shows up on the first page. Any answer or help is appreciated- thanks.

That usually happens when someone pastes in information from a text editing program as opposed to typing in information. Many text editing programs replace characters with non-utf8 equivalents (for example, when a person is typing in a text editor and types in an "-" sign, the sign is usually made twice as long. Same thing goes for quotes (") in which the quotes are usually curved rather than being straight). When this happens, the browser is no longer able to determine what the character really is and, as a result, you see funny looking text. The only real way to fix it is to remove the character and replace it using a non-binary text editor such as notepad.
    vShare Solutions
    Custom vShare Modules and Services

Now, your visitors can watch videos on your site using their mobile or tablet device with the Mobility Mod for vShare 2.8!

I originally type the letters in through the vshare admin's panel and have tried it from notepad but still the same result. Anyways I will try looking into the associate file that is not in the utf8 format.