Thread: m4v - invalid file format

Default m4v - invalid file format

when trying to upload an m4v video I get 'invalid file format'

Is this a config issue and if so can someone please point me in the right direction to alter the extensions allowed?

Alternatively is there there a list of the extension types that will or won't work avaialable?

If you are not using the upload progress bar, you need to edit the upload.php and video_conversion.php files (in the include/settings folder) and add the m4v extension to the list of allowed files (in upload.php) and create a convert line in the video_conversion.php for it:

Code:
    $convert_m4v = $cmd_all;
    If you are using the upload progress bar, in addition to that, you need to edit the ubr_default_config.php file (in the ubr directory) and add the m4v file extension to the list of allowed extensions.

As for a list of file types, the script comes with the most commonly used file extensions. You are free to change that however you wish. Just note, though, that allowing a file extension doesn't mean that you can convert it into Flash. That depends on your server, what version of the tools are installed, and what codecs have been added to it. An M4V should work since M4V is nothing more than an alternative file extension for MPEG-4 and H.264 videos (primarily used by Apple).
    Last edited by bplex; 10-05-2010 at 03:35 PM.
    vShare Solutions
    Custom vShare Modules and Services

Now, your visitors can watch videos on your site using their mobile or tablet device with the Mobility Mod for vShare 2.8!

Default fixed!

fantastic that worked like a charm and notes to the affect to my build notes