Thread: Video Search

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by vshare View Post
    This mod can search videos with one or more keywords

download attached file, extract and upload file to your vshare folder.

You first run YOURSITENAME/tools/search_index.php

This mod only work with vshare 2.7

thanks
    vshare is now upgraded, do you have new upgraded and working search tool now for new version?
    Nepal's Largest video community portal. share wisely at WWW.CLONEVIDEOS.COM

Hi,

Here is the upgraded version for search videos tool.

Try it now.Attachment 86

Thanks,

Buyscripts TeamAttachment 87
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by vshare2; 07-30-2011 at 09:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by vshare2 View Post
    Hi,

Here is the upgraded version for search videos tool.

Try it now.Attachment 86

Thanks,

Buyscripts Team
    Thank you for your help. i am confused where to upload these files. i could not figured it out. there is a folder inside the folder also and a file, do i have to upload including folder or just the php files? Please advice.
    Nepal's Largest video community portal. share wisely at WWW.CLONEVIDEOS.COM

Hi,

You have to upload all the files and folders included in the extracted folder (search_videos.php file and tools folder).

Then point with browser to YOUR_SITE.EXT/tools/search_index.php

It will work with 100 videos at a time and then after 3 seconds it will automatic refresh to next 100 videos.

Thanks,

Buyscripts Team.

with the 2.7 version, when i executed the YOUR_SITE.EXT/tools/search_index.php, its started a high mysql process, can you tell me what why this is, and what it is doing?

EDIT: after around 16 hours, its has not stopped the process, and the search is much improved, thanks.
    p.s why not include this as part of the default script of version 2.8? i don't see the point of having to reapply the updated 2.8 version of this search hack after.
    Last edited by budgierless; 06-29-2011 at 09:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by budgierless View Post
    with the 2.7 version, when i executed the YOUR_SITE.EXT/tools/search_index.php, its started a high mysql process, can you tell me what why this is, and what it is doing?

EDIT: after around 16 hours, its has not stopped the process, and the search is much improved, thanks.
    p.s why not include this as part of the default script of version 2.8? i don't see the point of having to reapply the updated 2.8 version of this search hack after.
    Hi,

Is this apply to Vshare 2.8.1? and does the process stop after several hours, i am afraid this will cause server crashes, since it will used too much CPU

Regards,
    Mark

Running vhsare 2.8.1. I ran this upgrade (atachment 86) because I noticed that many words in my tags were never being found. After the upgrade the search now finds any words I had as tags (including lots of others that were in the titles). BUT I actually wanted the search to look in the description field and find words there too. But now it does not.
    How can I regain my ability for the search to look in the tags and in the descriptions.

Did some more checking. Thankfully it did not delete any of the video_keywords in my database. However it does not seem to use these to do any search either.

I still need my searches back for descriptions and for the video_keywords I have entered.

I know - I should have backed up my database first so I could just revert. yada yada
    Last edited by jayscot; 11-23-2013 at 11:48 PM.
    CasselmanCanada.com (free access)