Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Files encrypted ? wtf?

Default Files encrypted ? wtf?

Well im trying to do minor changes to the template to fit my needs and it says the files are encrypted and i need some special program to unblock them? Wtf is this? I pay money for a script and it seems like i cant do anything with something i paid for? I'm posting here first because maybe there is something i am missing, so basically just giving this the benefit of the doubt till i get an answer

Default Re: Files encrypted ? wtf?

Quote Originally Posted by donkon
    Well im trying to do minor changes to the template to fit my needs and it says the files are encrypted and i need some special program to unblock them? Wtf is this? I pay money for a script and it seems like i cant do anything with something i paid for? I'm posting here first because maybe there is something i am missing, so basically just giving this the benefit of the doubt till i get an answer
    The template is editable. All templates files are located in the /templates/ folder and most everything is changeable. Only the source code is encoded.

Why is the source code encoded when i bought the script? Is the developer trying to hide the fact that this script has been possibly stolen from clip share. Now i know why its $10, this way no one gets into details as to the script and it's origins

LMAO!! If it was stolen from clipshare it would have the same features, and it dosent has some better and some less, but if it was it'd have all the features of clipshare plus the bonuses of its own.

All of these types of scripts came from the same source...yes thats right YOUTUBE.

Now i know why its $10
    Exactly. Only 10 littles dollars and you'll get a great script with great support and quick bugfixes.

Can't view the code, you say ?
    Small price to pay... small price...

Why is the source code encoded when i bought the script? Is the developer trying to hide the fact that this script has been possibly stolen from clip share. Now i know why its $10, this way no one gets into details as to the script and it's origins
    LOL clipshare isn't stolen? Your funny..

did i say its stolen? First of all read what i wrote, I said it could be "Possibly" stolen from clipshare. I've contacted clipshare and they said that it is stolen for a fact and that they will be taking legal action.

LMAO!! I contacted youtube they say clipshares stolen, theyre getting incontact soon.

did i say its stolen? First of all read what i wrote, I said it could be "Possibly" stolen from clipshare. I've contacted clipshare and they said that it is stolen for a fact and that they will be taking legal action.
    Okay, let me re phrase it..

LOL "Possibly" clipshare isn't stolen? Your STILL funny..

You don't make any sense. I still don't understand what your point is? nor what you are trying to imply?

And as to the poster above you, compare clip share to youtube, both of them have different features and work differently. There is no site on the web exactly indentical to youtube.com, if there was there wouldn't be just the almighty youtube. If you compare clipshare to this script you will notice that they are completely the same. Ok maybe the layout is a bit crappier than clip share but that's it.

Oh btw, I am not even a customer of clipshare but what really frustrates me is when i see stolen code on the net, happens all the time. I'm a coder myself and i know how it feels when your intellectual property gets stolen and resold. Trust me it's not a good feeling. The real coder puts all his hard work in to old have some clown copy it and encode the code so no one realizes the real source of the files.

Btw if your some elementary kid that is on summer break and has nothing useful to say please do not post in my thread.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast