Thread: I want to integrate vshare into an already existing site

Default I want to integrate vshare into an already existing site

I would like to add vshare to the site I already have running, perhaps as a peripheral feature. In other words, I don't want vshare to be shown on my homepage.

I uploaded the vshare folder to my site, but I'm afraid to run the install functions because I don't want it to erase the site I already have running.

Is there any way to add the script to my site without it becoming the homepage, and then I can play with integration once it's all running?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

If you created it as a subdomain it would work, then just put a link to it on your main site. example http://yourdomain.com/videosection/

That would be perfect. Now to do that, do I just need to upload the vshare file into a file called videosection, or is it more complicated than that?

You will need to create a add on domain thru cpanel.

Zeffer, you're going to hate me, but I have a couple really basic questions before I activate the script...I want to make sure it doesn't mess up my site.

I created a new domain titled videos.domainname.com, and I was about to create a new database within that, but the directions didn't make it clear what I should name the database. Does that matter?

Also, I'm not sure where I should upload the vshare folder...just into my main domainname.com folder, or do I have to upload it somewhere else now that I have a new add-on domain?

Sorry for the simple questions...I have negative programming experience and have basically been learning everything on the fly.

Quote Originally Posted by tnuriel
    Zeffer, you're going to hate me, but I have a couple really basic questions before I activate the script...I want to make sure it doesn't mess up my site.

I created a new domain titled videos.domainname.com, and I was about to create a new database within that, but the directions didn't make it clear what I should name the database. Does that matter?

Also, I'm not sure where I should upload the vshare folder...just into my main domainname.com folder, or do I have to upload it somewhere else now that I have a new add-on domain?

Sorry for the simple questions...I have negative programming experience and have basically been learning everything on the fly.
    Go back to cpanel and get the database name/password/user you created for the subdomain, it does matter.
    Log into the subdomain using FTP. The FTP connection details will be the same as your main domain, but the user will have changed, along with the password if you set a different one. For instance, on my site, instead of connecting to FTP.skivideos.co.uk with my username of admin, it would be the username of the subdomain. In the case of video.skivideo.co.uk, the username would be video.
    Once connected, upload all the files inside the vshare folder, in binary and then follow the installation instructions.
    Hope this helps?
    Look, it's not steep till you need to stop ok !