Thread: The edit profile comments

Default The edit profile comments

Ok, we are looking to learn how to edit the profile comments. If someone puts a comment on my page and I am unable to make an edit (delete) then I am stuck with this comment. How do you edit the comment. My site is ettv.com and if you look at your profile there is no edit to allow for this. We are also using a template from route66solutions and they said it is not available. Can someone help on this.

The Admin > Settings > Miscellaneous > user comments per page and video comments per page.

It does not seem to be working. We have the setting at 5 and there are 7 comments on a userser profile page. Is this suppose to be used this way???? :confused:

User have option to delete comments posted on his profile. I am not sure about the template you use, default template have the option.
    vShare Hosting, vShare Installation, Server Setup, Lighttpd streaming, vShare Templates
    [email protected]

How about the "user comments per page" and "video comments per page"? How are these suppose to be used?

It is number of comments displayed per page.
    vShare Hosting, vShare Installation, Server Setup, Lighttpd streaming, vShare Templates
    [email protected]

Thanks for your clarification on that description. I wanted to hear it because we are showing more than 5 comments on a user profile page. I have one with seven, which goes against the "user comments per page" setting of 5. Is this a common error? Any suggestions?---Allen

Hi,

To solve this problem, do the following.

Open ajax/user_comment_display.php and find
    Code:
    items_per_page
    replace all with
    Code:
    user_comments_per_page
    If you can't get it fixed, open a support ticket at

BuyScripts Helpdesk

with your vshare admin and FTP login details.

Thanks

Buyscripts Team.

I found it and thank you for your help. That fixed the problem 100%. Thanks ---Allen
    Last edited by Hollywoodstarrs; 05-17-2011 at 08:03 AM. Reason: found correction...