Thread: Admin can upload from another site like youtube and thats it

Default Admin can upload from another site like youtube and thats it

I just purchased this software and spent a fortune getting all the requirements installed on my server, I have asked my hosting company to double check all requirements and they say it's right.

I have tried as a member to up-load video's from my computer and all I get is a circle going round and nothing plays.

I have uploaded video's from youtube using the import in the admin panel and they work but only from another web-site, do anyone know how this can be rectified.

I know for certain I have uploaded all the folders/files and CHmod as per instructions on install, this is the version vshare2 as far as I know it's the latest version.

Any feedback would be great thank you.
    Graham.

PS is there anyway I can contact support direct because I have looked but can only find support here and it looks like this is more or less and user to user support forum.

Yes a script for 10 dollars dosent have alot of support...lmao. But im guessing you have a config problem. Make sure your config.php is correct, if you are unsure how to check this look/search through these forums.

Default Re: Admin can upload from another site like youtube and that

Quote Originally Posted by graham
    I have tried as a member to up-load video's from my computer and all I get is a circle going round and nothing plays.
    Have you checked debuglog ? Your problem is caused by video not converting to FLV. See

http://forums.buyscripts.in/viewtopic.php?t=351

I have uploaded video's from youtube using the import in the admin panel and they work but only from another web-site, do anyone know how this can be rectified.
    Are you able to import video from other sites and able to play it ?

PS is there anyway I can contact support direct because I have looked but can only find support here and it looks like this is more or less and user to user support forum.
    For paid support, contact install @ hostonnet.com

Im guessing your videos arent converting to flv.

Thank you for your help, your right they are not converting I have looked in the video folder and the videos I uploaded from my computer have not converted.

I have uploaded the file convert.php and got these results below. Can anyone please tell me if they can see the problem thanks.

MEncoder dev-SVN-r23850-4.1.2 (C) 2000-2007 MPlayer Team CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU 6400 @ 2.13GHz (Family: 6, Model: 15, Stepping: 2) CPUflags: Type: 6 MMX: 1 MMX2: 1 3DNow: 0 3DNow2: 0 SSE: 1 SSE2: 1 Compiled for x86 CPU with extensions: MMX MMX2 SSE SSE2 Exiting... (error parsing command line)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Last line of the output: Exiting... (error parsing command line)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Return value: 1

Check your paths in the config.php as said above, these seem to be your issue.

If you need the paths ask your hosting provider, they will be more than happy to help you.

You are looking for the following:

Path to mplayer - TRY - /usr/bin/mplayer
    Path to mencoder - TRY - /usr/bin/mencoder
    Path to ffmpeg - TRY - /usr/local/bin/ffmpeg
    Path to flvtool2 - TRY- /usr/bin/flvtool2

If these don't work as said above ask your hosting company. Which hosting company are you using?
    ------------------------------------
    Make an arse of yourself:
    http://www.youtwatonline.com
    ------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by galnet
    Check your paths in the config.php as said above, these seem to be your issue.

If you need the paths ask your hosting provider, they will be more than happy to help you.

You are looking for the following:

Path to mplayer - TRY - /usr/bin/mplayer
    Path to mencoder - TRY - /usr/bin/mencoder
    Path to ffmpeg - TRY - /usr/local/bin/ffmpeg
    Path to flvtool2 - TRY- /usr/bin/flvtool2

If these don't work as said above ask your hosting company. Which hosting company are you using?
    Thank you for help and everyone else, I have tried what you said because I did ask my provider for the paths which were different to yours so I tried what you put to no success.
    I also contacted my hosting company and passed on all the info above and they have used the commands to test out there installs and they say all the settings are right.
    I am using a dedicated server with GoDaddy.com with the paying support so they make the changes to my server when I need them.

Once again thank you, I don't know were to go now to get this sorted out. I have tried the software development email address above and no answer yet, I am no expert sadly.
    Thanks again.
    Graham.

i didnt know godaddy supported the requirements. If your stuck you can pm.

Thank you every one who tried to help me with this problem, I contacted install @ hostonnet.com and a person called Alex sorted it out straight away and I want to thank Alex for helping me.
    I know the price if the software is very cheap but we do need working software and this person came and helped me when I was on the verge of deleting it, the cost of the software is low but it cost me a bomb to get the requirements installed on my server and now it's working it's worth it.

I also paid for brand removal but once I got my site sorted out and I will place an ad on my site to help them, I appreciate the help and this is my way to say thank you.

All the best, and thanks again to all of you who tied to help me.
    Graham.