Thread: vhook and libavfilter in ffmpeg

Default vhook and libavfilter in ffmpeg

Since FFMpeg has been updated, they no longer support vhhook for watermarking the videos. We now have to use, libavfilter totally not understanding the command. Does anyone know the command to use libavfilter to water mark the videos?

I never done this. Check documentation for drawtext

Libavfilter Documentation

You need to install ffmpeg with libavfilter. If you ask in ffmpeg mailing list, you will get more helpful reply.

Following thread looks useful.

http://ffmpeg-users.933282.n4.nabble...td3322991.html
    Last edited by hostonnet; 05-24-2011 at 12:15 PM.
    vShare Hosting, vShare Installation, Server Setup, Lighttpd streaming, vShare Templates
    [email protected]

It's pretty simple to do. However, it isn't as simple to setup and get going. The problem is that ffmpeg comes with an avfilter that is slightly outdated compared to the avfilter that supports the "movie" filter (the movie filter allows for you to overlay watermarks over your videos). You would need to uninstall ffmpeg, checkout the latest avfilter (on the ffmpeg svn server), run the checkout script in the avfilter directory (which pulls the latest ffmpeg), then recompile ffmpeg enabling avfilter (--enable-avfilter) and the movie filter (--enable-filter=movie). Once you do that, you can then add:

Code:
    vf "movie=0:png:yourwatermark.png [wm];[in][wm] overlay=0:0:1 [out]"
    To your conversion string. I have not seen a tutorial on this anywhere, but this does work as I use it for a site that I manage.
    vShare Solutions
    Custom vShare Modules and Services

Now, your visitors can watch videos on your site using their mobile or tablet device with the Mobility Mod for vShare 2.8!

Quote Originally Posted by bplex View Post
    It's pretty simple to do. However, it isn't as simple to setup and get going. The problem is that ffmpeg comes with an avfilter that is slightly outdated compared to the avfilter that supports the "movie" filter (the movie filter allows for you to overlay watermarks over your videos). You would need to uninstall ffmpeg, checkout the latest avfilter (on the ffmpeg svn server), run the checkout script in the avfilter directory (which pulls the latest ffmpeg), then recompile ffmpeg enabling avfilter (--enable-avfilter) and the movie filter (--enable-filter=movie). Once you do that, you can then add:

Code:
    vf "movie=0:png:yourwatermark.png [wm];[in][wm] overlay=0:0:1 [out]"
    To your conversion string. I have not seen a tutorial on this anywhere, but this does work as I use it for a site that I manage.

Very true! I searched this topic on google for over 4 hours. Could not find any tutorials on it at all!