Thread: Need to manually add .php extension onto addresses

Default Need to manually add .php extension onto addresses

I've just installed vShare which seemed to go fine and the home page opens ok but all the links (login, signup etc) open without a .php extension and my host doesn't recognize them.

I get the error

"The requested URL /ggshowtv/signup/ was not found on this server. Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."

If I add ".php" to the end it then works.

Probable some simple setting somewhere but I'm not sure where.

Any ideas appreciated.

Cheers.
    Last edited by sesumiloa; 06-20-2011 at 07:56 PM.

Have you uploaded .htaccess file ?
    vShare Hosting, vShare Installation, Server Setup, Lighttpd streaming, vShare Templates
    [email protected]

Uploaded all the files from the script downloaded from vShare. Although on searching the folder structure that doesn't appear to be a file with that name.

There is no folder with name signup, it is handled by mod_rewrite module on your web server using .htaccess file, so first make sure you have .htaccess file uploaded to root of your vshare installation. If .htaccess file uploaded properly and the links are working, you may need to enable mod_rewrite in your web server.
    vShare Hosting, vShare Installation, Server Setup, Lighttpd streaming, vShare Templates
    [email protected]

Can't see any file with the name .htaccess in my root folder when viewed with my ftp.

If it's relevant, I didn't upload the whole vshare folder to onto the ftp before installing, just the contents.

ie. I uploaded;
    404.php/
    admin/
    ajax/
    cache/

to root, not;

vshare_2.1.8/404.php/
    vshare_2.1.8/admin/
    vshare_2.1.8/ajax/
    vshare_2.1.8/ cache/

Ta,

Upload vshare_2.8.1/.htaccess file. What is your web site url ?
    [email protected]

In order to see the .htaccess file, you will need to make sure that your computer is setup to show hidden files (by default, the file is typically hidden). Also, you will need to adjust your FTP program's preferences to show hidden files as well (usually, most FTP programs hide files that begin with a period (.)).
    vShare Solutions
    Custom vShare Modules and Services

Now, your visitors can watch videos on your site using their mobile or tablet device with the Mobility Mod for vShare 2.8!

Indeed. Just found that out with a bit of searching. Thank's.
    .htaccess file is present in the root of the website (glittergangshow.tv).

ok. It's just kicked into action!