Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cannot UPload Videos - Help ME Plz

I am suddenly experiencing this issue (page cannot be displayed) with the new fresh install of the latest version and I'm not sure where to start. In my .htaccess I have this:

php_value upload_max_filesize 100M
    php_value post_max_size 100M
    php_value output_buffering on
    php_value max_execution_time 1000
    php_value max_input_time 1000
    php_value session.gc_maxlifetime 14400

...which is my host's instructions for youtube clones. I tried to upload a 40Meg video twice now and keep getting the "page can not be displayed" after the uu_lib.pm or the uu_upload thingie does whatever it is that it does.

I have the tweak in the uu_lib.pm that says "we are converting your video please stand by" kind of message and you'll see this for a while then it goes to "page cannot be displayed". Argh.

Oh, and I have the bitrate changed in the include/settings/ video_conversion.php from 500 to 768, I don't know if that matters...so what I'm doing is trying to upload this same video to my alternate vid site which is still running with the last version with bitrate set to 512. I'll let you know what happens.

UPDATE: The video at the alternate site with the lower bitrate running with the last version of the script (2.3) uploaded with no problems....so, next step for eliminating the issue is to lower the bitrate on the lastest version and see what happens. I'll let you know.

UPDATE:The video at the site running the latest version of the script (2.4) with the bitrate set to 512 crashed (page cannot be displayed).

Any ideas? I'm not using the cronjob thingie and have it set for "realtime conversion".

UPDATE:Ok, now I understand that the definition of insanity is to try the same thing over and over expecting different results...but OK, so I'm insane...I tried uploading the 40meg video to the freshly installed site with the bit rate back at 768 and it worked just fine.

I don't get it...I don't get it...I don't get it. We need an emoticon here for banging a head against a wall. :lol:
    If it's not fun, stop doing it!

@grynmoors

if your hosted with cirtex then that can be your problem, they are often slow or down and also your site will only have 150 seconds to convert or it will fail (see link above).

I don't doubt what you've said but so far my hosting with them has been pretty good. At first it was down a lot but they seem to have fixed that, I'm not getting as many outtage reports (hardly any) from my web monitor as I used to.
    If it's not fun, stop doing it!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123