Thread: Sucessfully uploaded but files won't show

Default Sucessfully uploaded but files won't show

I tried to uploading some files and upon sucessful upload, i will be directed to some page that tells me that the upload is ok. However it seems like there is 2 types of such sucessful page. There is one that will show me the Url of the uploaded video straight away and things would be fine. However, some times it shows me a page which says that the upload is sucessful and it will take a few minutes for the file to show. If such a message appears, it will take a couple of hours before my file shows up in the listing. Any one can tell me what is happening?

I've seen exactly the same thing over the past couple of days trying to install this script. I had the server requirements installed by Netbrix as per the recommendation of one of the members here and that was done pretty quickly.

However since this latest upgrade to 2.4, it seems like I'm not the only one experiencing problems. There seems to be issues with the conversion process, and I'm also having trouble getting videos to play after conversion.

I've restarted the install process a number of different times. This latest install is using the latest full install package of version 2.4 from the download link in the email I got. I have checked with my host that all paths to ffmpeg, mencoder etc. are correct and that the cron job is set up, but regardless of whether I have the settings in admin panel set to 'real-time', 'background', or 'batch processing', none of them seem to work.

Looks like someone dropped the ball on this latest upgrade :roll:

Default Re: Sucessfully uploaded but files won't show

Quote Originally Posted by tradertt
    I tried to uploading some files and upon sucessful upload, i will be directed to some page that tells me that the upload is ok. However it seems like there is 2 types of such sucessful page. There is one that will show me the Url of the uploaded video straight away and things would be fine. However, some times it shows me a page which says that the upload is sucessful and it will take a few minutes for the file to show. If such a message appears, it will take a couple of hours before my file shows up in the listing. Any one can tell me what is happening?
    The only reason for second type of message occur if you set video processing to background or batch.

Other reason is server is not able to process the video. In that case, you will be able to find details in debug log at templates_c/debug.txt

Quote Originally Posted by Whistler
    However since this latest upgrade to 2.4, it seems like I'm not the only one experiencing problems. There seems to be issues with the conversion process, and I'm also having trouble getting videos to play after conversion.
    This is because video is not getting converted to FLV.

See

Video not getting converted to flv

Are you able to run the convert command in server and get the video converted to FLV format ?

Quote Originally Posted by Whistler
    I've restarted the install process a number of different times. This latest install is using the latest full install package of version 2.4 from the download link in the email I got. I have checked with my host that all paths to ffmpeg, mencoder etc. are correct and that the cron job is set up, but regardless of whether I have the settings in admin panel set to 'real-time', 'background', or 'batch processing', none of them seem to work.
    Video conversion only work if your server is able to do the conversion.

You will able to get convert command from debug log.

Run the command on the server and see if video is getting converted to FLV.

Thanks admin, I actually resolved this issue a few days ago. The server was configured correctly. The problem had to do with uploading wmv files. VShare was not using ffmpeg to convert, and therefore no conversion was taking place. I change settings in the upload config file and now it's working (that is to say it is converting to FLV), however the quality of the wmv files I upload is not as good as when I upload them in AVI, so I'm using AVI from now on and going to recommend that users do the same.