Thread: Just one Question

Default Just one Question

I'm currently using another script on my website but I would really love to switch to Vshare. I heard its better in many ways, easier to customized and really worth the 10$. So my question is, can I switch to Vshare without having to re upload all my videos back or I will have to start all over?

Default Re: Just one Question

Quote Originally Posted by chanel
    I'm currently using another script on my website but I would really love to switch to Vshare.
    What script are you using? Is it a free script or a paid script? Knowing the answers to that will allow for better answers to your questions.

I heard its better in many ways, easier to customized and really worth the 10$.
    What is $10 worth these days? Anything is worth $10. But, I understand your point. vShare is really worth beyond the $10 that they charge for it. However, I will say that the ease of customization is a hit or miss. The current version of vShare is encrypted. Because of this, you are only really able to customize just the templates and maybe a bit more. There are modders such as myself who can create just about any additional feature you may want, but the amount of customization is really limited to additions that do not require much changes to the core code.

So my question is, can I switch to Vshare without having to re upload all my videos back or I will have to start all over?
    That really depends on your knowledge of PHP, mySQL, and your own script. If you know what you are doing, you can create a script to convert the information from your old database to the new vShare database, making your changeover very simple. Or, you can reupload everything. I can tell you that there are no conversion scripts out there (at least, none that I am aware of) so chances are you will have to make one yourself or have one made for you.
    vShare Solutions
    Custom vShare Modules and Services

Now, your visitors can watch videos on your site using their mobile or tablet device with the Mobility Mod for vShare 2.8!

Default Re: Just one Question

I'm currently using another script on my website but I would really love to switch to Vshare. I heard its better in many ways, easier to customized and really worth the 10$. So my question is, can I switch to Vshare without having to re upload all my videos back or I will have to start all over?
    vShare 2.7 is available now with full source code. Moving from another script is not easy, in the past we have done import for another script. PM me your site details, i can check if it is possible to transfer the videos to vshare.