Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 404 error

Default 404 error

Hey,

I've been having some 404 errors with my script.

Here are some images of what's going on:

Thanks,
    Louis

You need to upload the .htaccess file located in your vShare folder that you unzipped. You may have to set your folder properties in windows to allow you to see hidden files and folders as most operating systems hide files beginning with a period.
    vShare Solutions
    Custom vShare Modules and Services

Now, your visitors can watch videos on your site using their mobile or tablet device with the Mobility Mod for vShare 2.8!

I can't find the .htaccess file in the vshare zip.

BTW i'm on an ubuntu server

If you are looking at the unzipped folder on the ubuntu server, you can see the files by typing in "ls -la" which will show you the everything in a folder... including hidden files (GNU/Linux always hides files starting with a period). From there, you can simply move the file to the directory that has your vShare installation (mv .htaccess /path/to/vshare/directory).
    vShare Solutions

Now, your visitors can watch videos on your site using their mobile or tablet device with the Mobility Mod for vShare 2.8!

.htaccess is now in the folder.

I just tried another upload test and it's still 404 is there something I have to do.
    Like restart something ?

It's still the same problem 404 on all the same pages...
    what do i do?

Make sure that you put the file into the root directory of your vShare directory. Also, check with your host to make sure that .htaccess support is turned on.
    vShare Solutions

Well this is not a host it is run on a ubuntu server how do I check if .htaccess support is turned on?

Host doesn't mean that you are using shared hosting. A host is the person or company that provides you with he hosting, whether that be shared hosting, a vds, or a dedicated server. It is difficult to tell you where to go to enable .htaccess support because I have no idea how your server is configured and what all is installed. I would suggest that you google how to enable it for your particular version of Ubuntu and settings.
    vShare Solutions

When I enable .htaccess support it gives me this message: 500 Internal Server Error

Do you know how to fix this?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast