Thread: Good reason to have upload notification on!

Default Good reason to have upload notification on!

I have always kept upload notification shut off in the admin area because I don't want an email every time a video gets uploaded.

But yesterday I found that some little turd had uploaded an entire season of Charmed in high quality flvs to one of my vshare sites, marked them private, and had set up a "free tv shows" web site. He removed my watermark and link from all the embed codes, and was running his site with ads all around using my bandwidth.

Joke's on him because I created a short clip saying "I'm a little dipshit for trying to leech from TheWall.net" and made 22 copies - one for each episode in the season, and replaced his flvs with my own. He hasn't noticed yet, but when he does I'm certain that he won't try it again.

Still, had I not happened to take a look at my traffic referrer report yesterday, I would not have found this out. Could have been months that I was serving the bandwidth for his site.

I thought when a video was marked private, that you COULDN'T embed them elsewhere, but turned out I was wrong. A word to the wise I guess, good reason for leaving the upload notification on.

But yesterday I found that some little turd had uploaded an entire season of Charmed in high quality flvs to one of my vshare sites
    Funny shit...hey but your helping society out, dont ya think?