Thread: Private Vshare site?

Default Private Vshare site?

Can this vshare script be set that only admin can add members and it locked out to public view until they are logged in?

We wanted to have something to store our school lessons video but we don't want it to be viewable to public and create an account for each student to log in to be able to view the videos and also keep track on which videos the student have already viewed or not viewed yet.

Is this possible on vshare script?

Thank you
    Bill

Default Re: Private Vshare site?

It's possible, but not easily implemented. You would essentially need to delete the signup files from your server and, using SQL commands, add each student manually to the database. The script, by itself, does not contain a feature like this as the intent of the script is to be a youtube type of clone, not a private video sharing system.
    vShare Solutions
    Custom vShare Modules and Services

Now, your visitors can watch videos on your site using their mobile or tablet device with the Mobility Mod for vShare 2.8!

Default Re: Private Vshare site?

For what videos they have watched, that's in the person's "play list".

Here's a couple more ideas for you....one thing you could do is not only remove the signup link, you could password protect the directory so that only the people you know will have access to it. In that case you access your server's cpanel and add people to it or do it via htaccess or whatever you have going. I did this, particularly, for the admin directory after someone mentioned that they kept getting "password change requests" when someone kept pressing the link for it on the main admin page. I just set a user and password for the admin directory in my webhost's cpanel.

Another thing and probably the easiest way to do it...In admin panel, there's the "guest limit" in site settings...set that to zero and set the "Allow User Sign up" to disabled. I did this to my test site. When I need to add a new user, I go into admin panel, change the "allow user sign up" to enabled, create the user and then change the "allow user sign up" back to disabled.
    If it's not fun, stop doing it!