Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Citrex Hosting (MUST READ) PHP 5

Default Citrex Hosting (MUST READ) PHP 5

Hello All-

I use Citrex Hosting like many of you and being on a shared server or Semi-Dedicated server you cannot use PHP5. As you know you need PHP 5 in order use the import Video feature inside your admin area.

Well, I have good news. After going back and forth with them there is a fix. It will cost $25, but they can fix.

You have 2 options to make it work, but really only one is worth doing. Here is my communications with them and how we resolved the issue:

I Worte:

Hello-

Here is my problem! I use the software Vshare for my Video Sharing Sites. You guys are a recommended provider by them. However, the software will not work correctly unless php5 or later is being used.

Currently, your server use PHP 4 and this does not meet my needs. I am stuck as you guys are absolutely awesome, but I can't use my website correctly. I need my site to use PHP5 and not PHP4. Is there a solution. I know eventually I will be moving to a dedicated server with you guys, but probably not for 60 days or so. The problem will be fixed then, but I need to do something in the short term.

I think if you guys are going to be referred by Vshare you should have the minimums the software needs to run correctly. The problem is video uploading will not work unless it uses PHP 5 or later.

Please help!

Citrex Response:

Hi

In order to run any files in php 5, there are two options
    1) Rename file from filename.php to filename.php5
    OR
    2) Make a .htaccess file and add the line below into it and place it in your folder
    AddType application/x-httpd-php5 .php5 .php

Please note installation for Vshare is $25
    If you wish for us to proceed, please submit ticket to Helpdesk Support with an ATTACHMENT of the script in the email along
    with your account info and domain name and where you wish for it to be installed.
    Installation will be done within 24hrs.

The resolution:

I used option 2. This is what heppened. You have to update your .htaccess with a code snippet. This is nothing major. If you PM me I will share my .htaccess so you can see. Then you update in your admin panel on vshare where to access PHP 5. You will use /usr/local/php5/bin

That's it! You are done and you will now be able to import videos from Youtube via the import video inside the admin panel.

This has made a world of difference for me.

Thanks,

Ashley

Default Re: Citrex Hosting (MUST READ) PHP 5

Why would you even consider paying them $25 to install vshare?

My advice to anyone out there who has not yet obtained a host is to avoid Cirtex - run far and fast, as if they have the plague. They are the second biggest Mickey Mouse host I have ever encountered. Most of their staff is completely clueless about anything. Half of their "Level 3" support is also clueless. Jeff seems to be the only one there who knows anything.

I now see why they make you pay for a year in advance. Because they know anyone in their right mind would have cancelled their account and moved on by the end of the second month.
    This member is now known as Sitting Out

Now Now Citrex has treated me great! lol.....

They have akways been very responsive and helpful to any and all of my issues. However, if you can go with a host who is running php5 instead of php4 as standard I would definitely do it.

If you are with citrex and are having trouble uploading video via youtube I can help. It is a simple change in your .htaccess, and an update in your admin where to access php5. I will do it for you for $5.

Just PM if you need my assistance!

Thanks,
    Ashley

I agree with SportsGamingTV.com, run far and fast away from this hosting co.
    Quote Originally Posted by SportsGamingTV.com
    Why would you even consider paying them $25 to install vshare?

My advice to anyone out there who has not yet obtained a host is to avoid Cirtex - run far and fast, as if they have the plague. They are the second biggest Mickey Mouse host I have ever encountered. Most of their staff is completely clueless about anything. Half of their "Level 3" support is also clueless. Jeff seems to be the only one there who knows anything.

I now see why they make you pay for a year in advance. Because they know anyone in their right mind would have cancelled their account and moved on by the end of the second month.
    host your site with www.imageleet.com, fast and friendly hosting at an affordable price.

I now see why they make you pay for a year in advance.
    Is there a webhost that doesn't?

And thanks for the tip porkd. I don't do importing at the moment, but this is a nice little tid-bit of information. Thanks for sharing.
    If it's not fun, stop doing it!

Porkd, do you know, does this also affect the local import from the "import video" folder? I need to upload a video via FTP into the templates_c/import and then "import it" in admin panel and assign it to a user. In the process queue it says that it was uploaded, but it never gets processed (so I'm assuming that yes, php5 is necessary).

And when we put the
    Code:
    into an .htaccess document, is it the same one that comes with vShare...the one that's already in the root folder or where do we put the .htaccess file if it goes into a different location?

When I add the code to the .htaccess that comes with Vshare, I keep getting "you're not logged in" in the admin login screen. Same thing when I put an .htaccess in the admin folder.

Would you PM me your .htaccess so that I can take a look at it? And is the path to php correct? You put
    Code:
    /usr/local/php5/bin
    and I think it should be more like
    Code:
    /usr/local/bin/php5
    ?

I can't find the setting for that in the FAQ , they only mention in the FAQ the part you posted (either renaming the file or adding the .htaccess.)

Since I kept getting a "you're not logged in" message from the admin login page, I tried to manually change the path to php by accessing the database, but nothing I tried worked. Still got that "you're not logged in" message. That wouldn't go away until I took out the
    Code:
    from the .htaccess no matter where I put it.

I had the same problem when I was doing it myself. If you post a trouble ticket to them they will do it. You just have to be specific. You can reference my post. If you still have no luck let me know and I will pull my trouble ticket number I submitted so they can reference it.

Just let me know!

I started to submit a support ticket and at the bottom they referenced some articles before I even typed anything LOL

The path to PHP 4 is

/usr/bin/php
    or
    /usr/local/lib/php
    or
    /usr/lib/php

The executable path to PHP 5 is
    /usr/local/php5/bin/php5

So, the path is /usr/local/php5/bin/php5

I tried this but still getting the "you're not logged in" error. I guess I'll have to put a support ticket. What did they do for you to get it to work?

Just sent you a PM with ticket number to reference.

Hi porkd,
    Can you pm me with the ticket number as well :)
    Thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast