Thread: vshare 2.6 on APTHost

Default vshare 2.6 on APTHost

Hi I just signed up to APTHost a week ago and am having problems. They have been working with me and seem to be making changes although I have not noticed a total fix. Are there special settings in vshare that need to be changed to make it work with APTHost?
    -ftp uploads and then imports to the site do not work if there are spaces in the file names.
    -thumbs have to use mencoder and that makes poor quality thumbs and only 1 instead of 3 different thumbs
    -upload of videos other than flv must have no spaces in filename or they get no file length

I am told by APTH that I they have reinstalled the GD library and ffmpeg tools but errors still occur. Installed the thumb.php GD library checker and it still shows errors as if GD is not there or my path must be wrong somewhere (Call to undefined method ffmpeg_frame::toGDImage() in /home/otvsport/public_html/thumb.php on line 64)

Are you using realtime conversion or cron?
    Are you using the upload progress bar? I have not even got that far yet!
    Thumb conversion with mplayer or ffmpeg or ffmpeg-php?
    Old or new conversion script?
    PHP path (/usr/local/bin/php)?

This is my third site (not on APTH) so I am familiar with a lot of the config files etc. This is why is bothers me so - I should know better how to fix it.
    Thanks everyone.
    CasselmanCanada.com (free access)

Default Re: vshare 2.6 on APTHost

I know that APTHost was doing a major server move recently and some of their stuff got "broken" during the move (anybody who has done this can sympathize). I had an unrelated issue, but they fixed it right away. Check with them again.
    If it's not fun, stop doing it!