Thread: VPS Installation

Default VPS Installation

I want to purchase a VPS server. Is it possible to install this software on a VPS server?
    I have SSH access on the server and it has CentOS 5 with all the other requirements.

Hello,

Yes, VPS will have all the requirements as long you install the software listed on vShare requirement page then you are all off to good start.

Installing requirements on VPS will not be easy unless you are familar with linux server administration. Ask your VPS host if they can install requirements for you, also make sure they install latest SVN versions. Rpm installs will be old and may not work.
    vShare Hosting, vShare Installation, Server Setup, Lighttpd streaming, vShare Templates
    [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by hostonnet View Post
    Installing requirements on VPS will not be easy unless you are familar with linux server administration. Ask your VPS host if they can install requirements for you, also make sure they install latest SVN versions. Rpm installs will be old and may not work.
    Ha, VPS is easy and I run VPS servers here and it's peice of cake. I can offer VPS hosting for vShare users so they can have their own video sharing site.

Remember, most VPS hosts doesnt offer full support and have to pay extra.