Thread: shared, virtual dedicated, or dedicated

Default shared, virtual dedicated, or dedicated

Hey everyone,
    I was wondering which hosting companies people were using (besides the recommended one by vshare) and if you were using shared, virtual, or dedicated servers? How many gigs of disk space does the average vshare site need? I have 10gigs but i'm guessing I will need more eventually. I'd like to have at least a couple hundred vids on my site....over time. Just looking for opinions on who is using what kind of hosting company and how much gig space they are using for their vshare sites.
    Thanks!
    http://coldblooded.tv
    Show off your reptiles!

I've got over 400 videos spread out on three sites. I use highsecurityhosting.com for hosting, have a dedicated server with a dual core processor and 2 gigs RAM, a 120 gig hard drive that's half filled from the videos. I wouldn't want to go any lower than this config for any kind of serious use.

In June I used about 300 gigs of bandwidth. For July I've used 200 so far, about on par with June... and that's only from about three hundred daily visitors.

imageleet.com

advanced package.. soon going up again.

There cpanel doesnt work properly so you have around 10gb more then they tell you :D (space)

and advanced package you get 300gb bandwidth. As for speed check here - http://www.ufvlive.com/view/267/live-free-or-die-hard/ (210mb video)

Also,

if a person is to get dedicated w/ unmetered bandwidth where is the best place to get it and how much would it cost?

zeffer should know this.

Quote Originally Posted by joecool6101
    Also,

if a person is to get dedicated w/ unmetered bandwidth where is the best place to get it and how much would it cost?

zeffer should know this.
    I would also like to know this. Price is important but I also want speed and reliability.
    http://coldblooded.tv
    Show off your reptiles!

Take a look here: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36

There are alot of options out there. Start small and upgrade when you need to, no sense spending tons of $$ when you really don't need the extra space /bandwidth/CPU

I went through this problem 4 days ago looking for another dedicated server host. I wanted a 2nd host to start expanding, the truth is fdc servers was my number one pick, it had a 100mbps connection 400gb hard drive core2 duo cpu and 4gb ram for 239 unmetered bandwidth.
    But i ordered it waited 3 days with very little replies as to what was going on after being told it would be up in 24 hours. Turns out they wer waiting for a motherboard, and i didnt have time to waste waitn so i opted for tailored servers, I got a 10mbps unmetered dedicated server bit dearer but there support is A+. Whereas fdc was little to none.

239 is WAY to much money to spend.. especially when i only get around $40-80 back from the site.