Thread: Would like to add top rated section to index.tpl

Default Would like to add top rated section to index.tpl

Ok I have been looking for the tpl code that generates the top rated list page. I would like to add that as the top section
    on the index.tpl so visitors could see the top rated videos of the day. Can someone tell me which .tpl generates that page?

Default Re: Would like to add top rated section to index.tpl

Default Re: Would like to add top rated section to index.tpl

About 98% of the files that you can change, adjust, modify, whatever ... are located in the templates folder. Those are the files which will later, as the site is being used, automatically convert to the files which are then stored in the templates_c folder as well. If you're having a problem finding/seeing the files in your editor, then this could be because not all editors display the .tpl extension. With Windows you can test this though, simply by clicking on open file from your text editor, and then typing *.* where the file name would normally appear, followed by hitting the enter key on your keyboard. Instantly, all of the files within that folder should show up, regardless what the file extension is.

index.tpl - right.tpl - header.tpl - footer.tpl and style.css would be the most imortant files to change.

The other 2 percent of files are located in the root, css, cgi-bin, and js folders. However, the files in the root folder can't be changed until the next version is released ??? as those files are zend encrypted. You'd have to have some serious hacking skills to get into those (with serious software) or find a commercial company that offers the decryption of zend encrypted files (not cheap either).
    Last, there's also a language folder, but I don't really understand the purpose of that one since the language file only contains error messages that may appear on the screen for different reasons ... and then not even all of the messages ... which is precisely why that's so confusing.
    GL
    EinfachClicken - Family friendly, Fast, Fun, Informative
    Videoportal: http://www.meineclipshow.einfachclicken.de/
    Freebie Flashgames: http://www.megaspass.einfachclicken.de/
    GERMAN HOMEPAGE - http://www.einfachclicken.de/ TONS of FREE STUFF in over 40.000 files.