Thread: changing teplate colors

Default changing teplate colors

I was wondering if someone can give me detailed description how i can change the color of my header and footer from blue to black. I read here somewhere to go to / public_html / templates / css /style.css . but when i go there it doesn't even give me the option to edit the files. I also read to go into header.tpl and footer.tpl but seems i can only change text in that not color. Any help would be appreciated thanks.

If you wish to change the menu background image try to create the new background image,named menu.gif and upload it to image folder(templates) and overwrite the existing image.

You can change the text color(menu) in style.css (templates/css folder) and findout the .menu classs and change the color

Default Re: changing teplate colors

Thanks for the help. It took me awhile to figure out but i created a black menu.gif file and trashed the blue one. now my header and my footer is black instead of blue like i wanted. Now I'm wondering how to change all the rest of the blue bars to black? I'm also wondering why all my css files have the option to edit them except my style.css doesn't.

Default Re: changing teplate colors

anybody have some hints on changing the rest of the blue bars black besides the header and footer menu?

Default Re: changing template colors

I believe what you mean is bg1.gif. You need to re-color that image, OR eliminate it from the styles.css and change the background color to #000000 in the class for "div.section div.hd " Then remember to change the link and text colors for that as well so that you don't have black text on black background.

Good luck.
    If it's not fun, stop doing it!