Thread: Vshare and Wordpress

Default Vshare and Wordpress

This might be a wordpress issue but.....

I install wordpress on my vshare website. Everything looks good except all of the links on the wordpress homepage return back to my main vshare site template/homepage. Also, I can't view the wordpress homepage when I go to the url: www.mysite.com/blog. I can only view it when I go straight the the index file ex. www.mysite.com/blog/index.php. Now, it seems like the vshare site redirects every sub-directory url back to the parent domain. What do you think?

Default Re: Vshare and Wordpress

None of this may be your problem and you may have tried both, but it sounds like one of two problems. At least maybe this might help:

Make sure that in your wordpress admin area, under Settings, make sure your "WordPress address (URL)" and your "Blog address (URL)" are properly pointing to the wordpress subdirectory.

Also, in vshare, your .htaccess file has to be modified to allow the use of the subfolder. Copy the first two lines from vshare and paste them, then change one pair to reflect the subfolder. Change the name "wordpress" below to whatever you're using, of course...

RewriteRule ^admin$ - [L]
    RewriteRule ^admin/(.*) - [L]
    RewriteRule ^wordpress$ - [L]
    RewriteRule ^worpress/(.*) - [L]

Default Re: Vshare and Wordpress

Thank You, Thank You!!! It works great!