Thread: embedding code on upload_success.php

Default embedding code on upload_success.php

i've changed the embed code on my upload_success tpl. from the default to one that can be embedded in myspace. The code doesn't work though.

for example
    http://broadcastbaby.com/upload_success.php?vid=42 ( I don't think this is available for view except right after a video is uploaded)

I used the same code on that page as I did on this page but for some reason on this page it actually works when you embed it into myspace. where as the code on the upload success tpl won't.

http://broadcastbaby.com/view/42/more-b ... e-bubbles/

Any ideas? I've just thought about removing the code entirely from the upload_success page. :)

It is the same code on both pages? It is odd that it works if you copy and paste from one and it works, but not if you copy from the other. I have had my own woes with this code. Here is a copy of a post I made on another embedding thread. I guess no one has the answer to the problem.

The code works as far as playing the video is concerned, but it doesn't work the way it should.

Although it plays the video, it does not increase the count for the number of times the video has been viewed, and it does not count the video as being recently viewed. Here is an example to better illustrate what I mean.

Click Here for a sample of a video that was embedded using the old/original iFrame method. You'll notice that when you play this video, the video is moved to the front of the recently played list on my site, and that the video viewed count increases by one.

Click Here for an example of a file that has been embedded using this new method. While the video plays just fine, you'll notice that nothing happens on my site. As far as my site is concerned, it is as if the video hasn't even been played, which shouldn't be the case.

Simply playing the video on another site is only half of what the embedding should accomplish. It should also accomplish these other aspects, and I'm not entirely sure why this is not happening. But yes, if you're only concerned with getting it to play and don't care about the other functionality, then it works great.
    This member is now known as Sitting Out