Thread: DELETING a user but NOT the videos ... ???

Default DELETING a user but NOT the videos ... ???

Hi there. After installing vShare and doing some modifications, to include adding a user account for testing purposes, uploading clips, etc. I also decided to add a bunch of clips via videoswiper in order to give the whole portal more depth and viability. However, all of the uploaded/swiped videos are constantly being tacked on to the one user account ... which will eventually end up with 1000 or more videoclips by their name. So, here the question ....

Is there some way at all to remove/delete a user account while saving all of the clips on the portal ... or is the only way possible by assigning various clips via the admin menu to a specific user, thereby diminishing the amount of clips of the orignal user? As far as I'm concerned, an optimum solution would just be to delete a user ... but having that user decide if the clips should be deleted as well, or if they should remain on the portal.

Isn't it possible to delete a user and then have "ownership" of the clips be transferred to the admin? There has to be some way to "stock up the site" without dumping everything on one user account? I don't know ... just trying to figure out a way to prevent ONE user from showing up with a zillon clips assigned to their name as a result of using something like videoswiper. Guess I'll post my question there too ...
    Thanks for any help or advice.
    EinfachClicken - Family friendly, Fast, Fun, Informative
    Videoportal: http://www.meineclipshow.einfachclicken.de/
    Freebie Flashgames: http://www.megaspass.einfachclicken.de/
    GERMAN HOMEPAGE - http://www.einfachclicken.de/ TONS of FREE STUFF in over 40.000 files.

Default Re: DELETING a user but NOT the videos ... ???

The only way I know of being able to delete a user without deleting videos is to reassign the videos to another user (from mySQL or phpMyAdmin) and then delete the account. This would preserve the videos that the user uploaded. I hope this is changed in 2.7.

As for video swipper, the problem isn't that any video that gets swiped shows up under one user as much as vShare requires that a video be associated with a user. That is the reason why video swiper needs a user account (if you do not have a user, you cannot have a video show up on the site). This is something else that I hope is changed in 2.7.
    vShare Solutions
    Custom vShare Modules and Services

Now, your visitors can watch videos on your site using their mobile or tablet device with the Mobility Mod for vShare 2.8!