Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Servers Other Than Hostonet?

Default Servers Other Than Hostonet?

Is anyone using Citrix or another hosting service besides Hostonet for vshare hosting? I find their prices high and bandwidth/space low.

Thanks for any recommendations.

Default Re: Servers Other Than Hostonet?

To be honest, if you are looking to run a major video sharing site, I would recommend that you look into a dedicated server versus hosting. You will get much better space and bandwidth, not to mention that your site will perform a lot better.
    vShare Solutions
    Custom vShare Modules and Services

Now, your visitors can watch videos on your site using their mobile or tablet device with the Mobility Mod for vShare 2.8!

Definitely agree with bplex, especially because you want to set up several sites. Shared hosting doesn't usually offer too much in the way of drive space and bandwidth.

I have my vShare sites with Infrenion.com....alas on shared since that's all I can afford...but I don't have very busy sites either. I just have them mainly for fun for myself and the tiny bit it brings in from google ads...but I'll take it!!
    If it's not fun, stop doing it!

I Have a vps but will most likely upgrade to dedicated within the next month

I host my sites on http://www.owntruth.com and excellent service. No unlimited bandwidth but they keep the word what they say. More over they are not very expensive.

Now there's a site that qualifies to be submitted to "webpagesthatsuck.com"'s daily sucker...

--Own Truth? What is that? A religious site or a web hosting company?

--The animated balloons with Merry Christmas that get scrambled in obnoxious colors which obscures the text on the page and distracts the visitor...bad design for a business site, really, really bad. One could certainly get away with that on a personal site, but never on a business site.

--The text at the top "Hosting Own Truth" is obviously photoshopped by an ameteur since the font doesn't even match.

The site doesn't leave me very confident that these people know what they're doing.

Quote Originally Posted by grynmoors
    Now there's a site that qualifies to be submitted to "webpagesthatsuck.com"'s daily sucker....
    Hey it's in India.... it's got a touch of Bollywood to it :)

What I don't get is how they can afford to offer 40 Gigs of disk space and 750 gigs of monthly bandwith for only $10 a month. Sounds like a great deal, but I have to wonder if that's on a 28.8kbps modem connection or what....

It's gotta be on shared hosting which they over-sell like crazy nuts.

More than likely they are using an outdated shared hosting model (offer a lot of space and bandwidth and count on no one actually using it). The minute people start utilizing it, their model will break down and the host will go out of business.
    vShare Solutions
    Custom vShare Modules and Services

Now, your visitors can watch videos on your site using their mobile or tablet device with the Mobility Mod for vShare 2.8!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast