Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Video name

Default Video name

How do I get the name of the video in video.inc??

Default Re: Video name

What's "video.inc"?
    vShare Solutions
    Custom vShare Modules and Services

Now, your visitors can watch videos on your site using their mobile or tablet device with the Mobility Mod for vShare 2.8!

I am sorry, I mean player.inc

I now select for a second time the information of the video, but it must be a way to do it easier. Look, in the new player (for example http://video.filehostserver.eu/view/8/video/) you can click on a share button. When you click on it, you will get http://video.filehostserver.eu/view/...ds-2/#linkForm with #linkForm because at that piece of the page is the perma link and the code. Now there is standig happy-tree-friends-2, but there is an var with more information. Because the whole system except some files is encrypted with Zend Guard I can not search for this. Meaby the developer can help me?

What you are needing is accessible without having to have access to the code (the entire system uses smarty). I'm having a problem, however, understanding what it is that you are asking (in other words, you are not being very clear). From what I can gather, you are saying that there is a share button with something in it. But, I'm not sure about what you are saying about it. What's your site's URL? Perhaps if I could see what you are saying, I can help you get the data that you are needing.
    vShare Solutions

Now, your visitors can watch videos on your site using their mobile or tablet device with the Mobility Mod for vShare 2.8!

What I need is the var used in the original code with the information seo_name from the table video. I now only have the video id and I have a query with that to get the information:
    Code:
    $qeu=mysql_fetch_array(mysql_query("SELECT * FROM `video` WHERE `VID`='".$video_id."' LIMIT 1"));
    But I think there is already a var with the exame information which $qeu has. If the creator of this script does give me this var name or the var name which gives me the information of the seo_name from the video from the table video in mysql I don't have to maken a second query.

I am sorry for my bad English, but what I mean is that I don't want to use the var $qeu but an var with information of the video which has been resolved by the query in the encoded scrip. Do you understand what I mean?

Ah.... Ok... Now I understand what you are saying. You are needing the SEO Friendly name for your code (for example, in http://www.example.com/view/8/blah-blah-blah, you are needing the variable that contains "blah-blah-blah"). The answer to that is that there is no variable that contains that. Rather, it is composed from the title in code. So, to compose what you are needing (assuming you are doing this from the player.inc file), the following code would work for you:

Code:
    $qeu=mysql_fetch_array(mysql_query("SELECT title FROM `video` WHERE `VID`='".$video_id."' LIMIT 1"));
    $seo_title = strtolower(preg_replace("/[^a-zA-Z0-9]+/","-", $qeu['title']));
    You can then use $seo_title as your variable. So, it the "title" was "My Awesome Video," $seo_title would contain "my-awesome-video". Is that what you need?
    vShare Solutions

No, I already have the seo name;-)
    What i mean is that the encodec video view page select information from the database about the video (like where the video is located, the title, ....). I would like to use this selection and not to make an own query because I think it is possible to use the data from that encodec page view video

Ok, it seems to me that you do not understand how the Smarty system is being used in vShare. If you are trying to get video data from the player.inc file, you will have to make your own queries as the player.inc file is being included from the encoded php scripts. If you are trying to execute your query from the template files (in the templates directory), you can get all of the video information from Smarty as the video information is sent to the templates through Smarty. So, from the view_video.tpl file, you can get information regarding the video by using:

Code:
    {$video_info.(DB Column)}
    So, if you wanted to get the title, you would use:

Code:
    {$video_info.title}
    Etc. Does that make sense to you?
    vShare Solutions

I don't use the smarty system for this, the file which I only will edit is player.inc

I will wait at the admin, he has the decoded source of this file and will know the answer I suppose.

As I stated before, if you are needing to use player.inc, you will have to generate your own query as the player.inc file. The page that calls the player.inc file only feeds it specific information. Why are you so hesitant to use your own query?

If you are going to wait for the decoded version, you'll be better off writing your own query as we have been waiting for a year now.
    vShare Solutions

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast