Well I have been playing with this new version 2.9 It is nice I am using it with Ubuntu 14.04 LTS.
I have found 3 things that need looking at 1 I have resolved.
OK here we go.
1.) is that the newest ffmpeg no longer supports libfaac command in the video conversion.
I opened up /include/settings/video_conversion.php found these lines.
$cmd_mp4 = "$config[ffmpeg] -i '$video_src' -acodec libfaac -ab 96k -vcodec libx264 -vpre hq -crf 22 -threads 0 -b 500k $video_flv";
$cmd_mp4 = "$config[ffmpeg] -i '$video_src' -crf 22.0 -c:v libx264 -c:a libfaac -ar 48000 -b:a 160k -coder 1 -threads 0 $video_flv";

and replaced with these.

$cmd_mp4 = "$config[ffmpeg] -i '$video_src' -acodec aac -strict -2 -ab 96k -vcodec libx264 -vpre hq -crf 22 -threads 0 -b 500k $video_flv";
$cmd_mp4 = "$config[ffmpeg] -i '$video_src' -crf 22.0 -c:v libx264 -c:a aac -strict -2 -ar 48000 -b:a 160k -coder 1 -threads 0 $video_flv";

this has fixed this situation.

2.) I tried to enable video download and this will not work. If i figure it out ill post my fix.
3.) youtube modual will not download and convert from youtube it fails on download using cURL

4.) was using uber uploader I checked there site setup everything they require to run uber and it was a no go. It would be nice to have the requirements for uber on the vshare install instructions.

My site is not in production I was just board and figured i would play around hope these will help with fixes in the future builds of vshare.