Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Just got the weirdest Error Message!!!

I think there's something off in that fix as well. I installed all those files, and the end result was that when I click Upload, I got a blank page. I can not begin to guess why, since all of the php files are encoded and I can't see what it references.

I then replaced the upload.php with the one I already had and my upload screen came back, but I still get the same error if I use an apostrophe.

ERROR: Unable to execute query

INSERT INTO `process_queue` SET
    file='file-495672775.flv',
    title ='New York Jets',
    description='A fan's tribute to the New York Jets football team.',
    keywords='new york jets nfl football',
    channels='49',
    type='public',
    user='SportsFan',
    user_ip='XX.XXX.XXX.XXX',
    status=2
    You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 's tribute to the New York Jets football team.', keywords='new york jets nfl fo' at line 4
    I believe I have the latest include/functions_upload.php. I have everything from the 2.4 upgrade to both of the bug fix packages that are mentioned in this thread. Maybe it would have worked if I did not have to revert back to my other upload.php, but the one in this latest bug fix just did not work.

grynmoors - do you still have this problem if you use an apostrophe, or is it fixed for you?
    This member is now known as Sitting Out

PM me your web site login details (FTP, Cpanel) with url of this thread, i can check this problem.

Quote Originally Posted by admin
    if you use latest include/functions_upload.php it will work.

You can see this working by uploading a video at

http://video.bizhat.com
    FYI, I got the same error on your site too. Try to upload a video with an apostrophe in the description. For example, on your site I tried to upload a video with this as the description:

"A fan's tribute to the New York Jets"

Notice the apostrophe in fan's.

The result was:

ERROR: Unable to execute query

INSERT INTO `process_queue` SET
    file='file-495672775.flv',
    title ='NY Jets',
    description='SportsGamingTV.com's New York Jets video',
    keywords='new york jets football',
    channels='1',
    type='public',
    user='JerryG',
    user_ip='XX.XXX.XXX.XXX',
    status=2
    You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 's New York Jets video', keywords='new york jets football', channels='1', t' at line 4
    So it's not working on your site either. This was not an issue with version 2.3, so it is a recent change somewhere that is causing it, seemingly on line 4 of some file.

Oh, thank God it wasn't just me then. Whew.

For what it's worth, what I did was I went and re-downloaded the lastest full version of the script (I do this with each update) from the original download link that I got when I first bought it (so that I always have a "fresh" version should something go horribly wrong) in addition to the update to apply to my exisiting sites.

I went to do the update from the update file and when the "recent" "new" and "featured" videos disappeared, and due to my own stupidity and not following my own rules, did not make a back-up of my site, I couldn't restore it till a resolution was noted so I just went and deleted everything and started over using the newest full version of the script. The site is brand new so starting over (although a chore) wasn't detrimental to any users (just me and my friend so far).

So, I did a fresh install from the latest full version. That's when I got that error message... when I used an apostrophe in the video description.
    If it's not fun, stop doing it!

I gave admin all of my info an he is looking at it now, plus I also get the same result on the demo server, so he has that to look at. Hopefully he can track down what the issue is.

I had put the note on my upload page to not use an apostrophe, and I think that's probably enough to stop it from being a problem. But still, and apostrophe is so common that I have to assume that someone somewhere will be typing one in regardless of any note.

Off topic...I really like the SCA vids. I haven't gone to a fair in many years, but I use to really enjoy them when I was younger. I never got too much into the period dress because it was so expensive to buy and I dont have the talent to make it, but still, I always had a good time just walking around checking things out.

Off topic...I really like the SCA vids. I haven't gone to a fair in many years, but I use to really enjoy them when I was younger. I never got too much into the period dress because it was so expensive to buy and I dont have the talent to make it, but still, I always had a good time just walking around checking things out.
    Hey, thanks :) I've made it my mission to add more vids today, I have to go thru my footage of the past few events we went to lately and compile something.

For Garb: You can make a t-tunic, it's so simple even if you can't sew there's always hot glue, fabric glue, iron-on fusible webbing...you have no excuse my friend LOL And then of course there is always the "vintage clothing" section of your local thrift store. You can find all kinds of affordable goodies there, you can even make a t-tunic out of an old sheet from there. ;) 12th Century is the cheapest garb to make. Doll it up with a bit of trim and you'll look great.

If anyone else is interested in it, PM me, I'll be happy to help out.

To fix the error, download

http://www.buyscripts.in/vshare/vshare_ ... 0827_3.zip

Unzip and upload to your web site.

Quote Originally Posted by admin
    To fix the error, download

http://www.buyscripts.in/vshare/vshare_ ... 0827_3.zip

Unzip and upload to your web site.
    I'm sorry to say that this did not work for me. :(

Like the last fix, when I uploaded the upload.php in this one, it caused me to generate a blank white screen whenever I click upload. Once I reverted back to my old upload.php, I was ablt to upload fine once more, but still get the same error whenever I have an apostrophe.

Maybe if I could get the new upload.php to work it would solve the problem. I'm not sure why it just generates a white page for me.

Did this fix the problem for you grynmoors?

Nope, still same error.

Trying doing that last zip again. Admin revised it and now everything works perfect!!

Thank you very much admin.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast