Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yeah sure, it's no big deal

8 72.73%
  • No way, ten bucks is a fortune

3 27.27%

Thread: Price of VShare

Default Price of VShare

OK - I believe that this subject needs addressing, and I want to try and start a frank discussion about it.

We all like top quality support and generally we get pretty good responses from admin.

Some of us have been known to get a bit aggressive about admin not fixing stuff as quickly as we want, but in the final analysis this is a ten dollar script.

Where else on the web would you get this service at this price.
    I don't believe that it's available anywhere for 5 times the price.

I don't know about everybody else but I can spend ten bucks on a Subway roll and drink for lunch without even blinking.

I'd like to see the purchase price go up. I know that it's nice to get a bargain but admin support this script for very little return.
    Maybe admin should get enough out of this so that they can actually make a living.

How does everybody else feel?
    Hoss

Yer ive spoken to him about it and reckon double the price.

well at $10 i think the support is not bad and the script is good value for money. i dont really need support myself apart from when bugs of vshare cause problems as i can fix most of the problems i come across myself.

but i bet about 75% of the support posts on here could be solved if people just read the FAQ or searched before posting!

if the price went up and it had more people working on the script or answering more advanced support questions like http://forums.buyscripts.in/viewtopic.php?t=1187 or http://forums.buyscripts.in/viewtopic.php?t=1066 then i would be happy for it to go up.

I agree, although I'm sure there are some who may think that $10 ($25 if you're going branding-free) is quite steep. But honestly folks, take a good hard look at what you're getting here. A script like this could easily sell for a couple of hundred bucks (of course that would limit the number of copies sold, which wouldn't make admin very happy) - but in my eye's that is it's perceived value.

When I showed my wife my vshare site, she nearly had a heart attack. Being an avid YouTuber, she immediately asked me "how many thousands of dollars did you spend getting that thing put together!" - need I say more? :lol:

Of course the script has no real value until someone takes it and puts it to work in a certain niche and starts gathering fanatical users. Simply slapping up another video sharing site for the sake of it, isn't going to have any long term staying power, although it gives the owner an ego boost and a few social points with friends (and for these folks, the $10 price tag probably sits quite nicely).

I think we can all agree that the value we're getting here far exceeds the price paid. I also think that admin has his business model worked out quite nicely - at this price point, he will keep selling (and outselling the competition). The only flaw I can detect here is the fact that the ease with which people can enter this market, creates a concern over competition for us as owners of the script, but even so, if you choose your niche correctly and keep working it properly, your competition is not going to pose too much of a threat (especially if you have a bit of a head start).

Ideally a healthy balance would entail something along the lines of a paid membership site where those interested in buying VShare, would pay a set fee for the script (eg. $47) and then admin would charge a nominal monthly fee for support and upgrades (eg.$7-$9). I believe that even at these prices, admin would still be generating roughly the same amount of profit from less sales, and potentially making a lot more on the back-end providing support and updates. I guess the question is, does admin have the time to dedicate more fully to this project, or does he have a lot of other irons in the fire?

Default Re: Price of VShare

Quote Originally Posted by Hoss
    I'd like to see the purchase price go up. I know that it's nice to get a bargain but admin support this script for very little return.
    Maybe admin should get enough out of this so that they can actually make a living.
    What makes you think that they are supporting this script for very little or that they aren't making a living? I think the admin is smart enough to make sure he is getting the proper value from the effort, particularly in an area where many people are living on a couple of dollars a day (or less). Just because lunch costs you $10 does not mean that is the case everywhere.

You also seem to be assuming that most people receive support. I only see the same small group of people actively engaged here, and when I compare that to the number that registered, it seems like even less. I dont think many vShare users get much support. In fact, I would even say that the large majority of people who start a youtube clone take their site down after a few months. Ask them if they wish they had paid more than $10. lol

If vshare cost more than it did, I probably wouldn't have bought it. I came from using a clone that has the same origins as vShare and it didn't function properly. For $10, I figured it was worth a shot to see if this one worked better, since it was obviously based on the same script. If it were more than that, I probably would not have taken the chance.

How I could envision a price hike is (assuming all of the bugs ever get worked out - otherwise not at all) paying a higher fee for free upgrades, or paying a lower fee, but you have to pay extra for each upgrade. That kind of structure would make more sense to me, but only for a product that didn't have so many bugs. I mean, vShare is great, it's a phenominal product, but it still has a ways to go.
    This member is now known as Sitting Out

There are some pretty well phrased arguments coming out here.

Sportsgaming - I must admit that one of the reasons that I don't complain about bugs is because it's a cheap script. I too 'gave it a shot' and I'm pretty pleased with the result.

Still, I can't help but feel that I'm taking advantage or an area of the world where labour is cheap. Is that part of admin's competitive model I have to wonder?

If admin is happy to go on like this and whistler is right in that admin has the business model nailed then cest la vie I guess.

However I guess that the real thing for me is "I'd be happy to pay more money to get the script bug free a lot faster". if that could occur.
    Hoss

I suppose it also depends on how big of an increase you are talking about. Most comparable youtube clones are in the $300 range, which is vastly overpriced. Heck, I got alstrasoft's for free, and I feel like even that was too much, but they have no shortage of customers willing to shell out the bucks for a script that doesnt work - at least vShare works.

I have to say that vShare is much better than these other clones, and at 1/30th of the price. With that in mind, I would agree that it's worth more than I pay for it, but I think admin priced it at this rate for a reason. Whatever that reason is, I am very happy with it.
    This member is now known as Sitting Out

honestly there are so many other scripts out there just like this one on the same engine that are higer prices. This particular one is 10 bucks. There is another guy selling one for 29.

I got this one cuz it was the cheapest. Im sure you guys see how many people have purchased this script based on the vast amout of support questions im sure we all get in our private messages. Im not saying that 10 dollars is steep, im saying that it is the reason we are all here.

Im sure we stay here for all the excellent support we get as well and the community of users who help each other out when we have issues. Long story short if it goes up expect the other guy who is selling it for 29 to be the top dog with all the people starting to buy his script instead. I even saw THIS SAME BASE SCRIPT being sold for 200.

I'd played around with video on my site, trying to allow my users to upload their own vids. It got to be a pain, so I looked into youtube clones. At $10 I thought I'd give this script a try, along with cheap hosting from hostonnet.
    I've been pleasantly surprised. Ok, sometimes it is a pain in the arse when you do an update, and the latest file isn't there, or another bug rears its head, but generally, this script is great value. I would happily pay more for this script as it is now, as it is evolving as we go. Essentially, we are all beta testers, and off the back of that we are going to get a good script for next to nothing. I would expect others who wait until it is bug free, should pay more. It's already been said, but there are other scripts about, at a much higher price than this, including their own bugs.
    Look, it's not steep till you need to stop ok !

Default Re: Price of VShare

I agree, once the script is bug free, then jack the price. Beta testers get a price break for their valuable time ;)
    If it's not fun, stop doing it!